Hey,

I'm slowly leaving the noob player zone, so I guess it's finally time to show off my new skills
Thing is, I have absolutely no idea about all the recording world. First, I think I need some effects for my sound as it is really plain. And second, some way to record it mixed with a backing track.

So, any recommendation on anything to get started? Price around 100€...
It would be cool if everything (effects and recording) could me mixed in a single device. Even if it's not the best quality I'm just looking for getting started.

ty!!
If you're after a single device to do all your recording, mixing etc you're looking at a multitracker. With your budget, that isn't happening.

If you're on here, I'm assuming you have a PC, so you could use that. Software can be had for free (legally) that would allow you to do all your recording as well as providing amp sims etc to get your sound right, but you'd still need an interface and mics etc - that is possible with your budget, but wouldn't be the best of quality.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Ew..maybe I explained myself wrong...
I just want to record myself over backing tracks getting an acceptable quality. Mixing is something I'm not interested atm, as I dont want to get too much information.Wanna start simple.
I meant that I need something which can not only record the sound but also modify it as it sounds boring atm.But nothing too advanced.

Any ideas?
TBH, it's essentially the same question.

You want to record yourself, you need a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). That means either a multitracker or PC interface with software.

You want to modify it, you need software that can do it for you. Most multitrackers will have some capability for this built in, but you'll have more options with software - you're talking about amp sims & VSTs.

The only difference is you're talking about recording a single part played to a backing track, as opposed to recording all the backing yourself as well.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If you are gonna record an electri guitar I recommend you one of these interfaces:
Presonus audiobox
Maudio fast track
Tascam us144
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Line pod

My personal preference is the Focusrite. Great interface.
And you need a free DAW: go for Reaper
I'd go with the Line 6 UX1 if you're only going to be recording guitar over backing tracks. IMO POD Farm is the best software for lead tones. And like Kishintai said, download Reaper.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by Adrian276
Hmm...anything cheaper? Thats 118€!!

The less you spend, the less you get.

If you want to save money, try checking for used kit on eBay.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Get one used! They go pretty cheap on ebay and it's the best software/interface combination you'll get for the price. I do all my recordings with a UX1 and POD Farm (occasionally use free amp sims and cab IRs) and get results like this: http://soundcloud.com/joecarter/synth-groove-ver-4-with-moar
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Ah nothing in ebay...at least here in Spain...
Seems I'll have to buy it new.But it's ok as it's been long since I dont spend any money...

I have a last doubt: As far as I know, this thing I'm buying has a port where I plug the guitar and record it this way. But what about the backing track? How am I supposed to incorporate it?

Ah, and what are the differences between Studio GX and Studio UX1? The former is a bit cheaper!
If you download Reaper, just import the mp3/wav/whatever of the backing onto a new track and you're ready to go.
Quote by Cathbard

Quote by Adrian276
Ah nothing in ebay...at least here in Spain...

With eBay, patience is always the answer. Because of it's nature, the item you want won't always be available. Set up a search for it & eBay will email you when one gets listed.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Thats not much $$$ to work with.

Fender Mustang 1 (Fuse software) / able to use USB to record and has Aux in for mp3 player.

Reaper / free

Are you going to make your own backing tracks or just jam to a cd.

But if you can save a little longer and get this set up is the very basic for the 1st timer.

Peavey PV6 USB /Interface /Mixer $99.99
Shure SM-57 $99.99
D.A.W free one or buy one