I heard this song on the radio and usually when i hear a song i try to find the beat and keep up with it counting in my head triplets/16ths and so on just for the hell of it. This song litterally drives me insane because im having a hard time keeping up with it.

Dont troll on the song, i think there is something worth learning in every kind of music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPWJ8cYxw6M
0:33 If i listen to the guitar it sounds like 4/4 to me but the drums are so confusing...
How am i supposed to count?

Thanks.
It's 4/4 I guess. But I don't know how else I could help. Try looking for a guitar pro tab maybe, there you might see it clearly.
^Based on that tab, look at it as groups of 7/8 and 9/8 instead of 4/4.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
^Based on that tab, look at it as groups of 7/8 and 9/8 instead of 4/4.

wh ydon'ty ou star tlookinga tmyw ord sliket his?

that's 4/4. just place a simple accent if you absolutely must. but 7/8 and 9/8 don't get involved...i suggest you read up on time sigs a bit more.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by AeolianWolf

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by AeolianWolf

that's 4/4. just place a simple accent if you absolutely must. but 7/8 and 9/8 don't get involved...i suggest you read up on time sigs a bit more.

The drums really puts me off... So is it just a matter of accents or is there more to it?
the drums are definitely in 4/4, listen to the individual cymbal and bass/snare hits and you should definitely hear the pulse.

he's not playing a standard beat, but you can definitely hear him keeping time on the (crash? i'm bad with drums) cymbal he keeps abusing.
modes are a social construct
I think it's 4/4. As said before, it's the accents that are throwing you off.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!