Hello guys,

I'm a bassist but I would like to add guitar to my musical skills I know how to do powerchords, some chords, etc. So I'm not a real beginner. I played before on a ESP LTD MH-100QM but I didn't like it...
I would like to buy a guitar that can play any type of music but I really old rock (Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Clapton...). I don't have much money to spend, but I would like to have something descent. I planned on maybe buying a Squier Strato... What's your suggestions ?

thanks
If you don't mind buying used, look into 80's ibanez roadstars or blazers, great sound and feel, and because everyone has a boner for vintage fender and gibson stuff, you can get the vintage ibanez guitars for a steal. Plus I think those were some of the best guitars ibanez ever made. Made in Japan, excellent quality and playability.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Last edited by guitarguychris1 at Feb 7, 2012,
depending on budget, MIM fender strat, otherwise top-end squier, maybe a classic vibe.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
used MIM, depending on where you live you can find them on craigslist for ~$250 which is a great deal.
Quote by guitarguychris1
If you don't mind buying used, look into 80's ibanez roadstars or blazers

+1 i had an 83 roadstar II, they're versatile and solid, quality instruments (MIJ). Plus if u look around enough you can find them for dirt cheap and in a number of different pickup configurations
Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa Rectifier 412
Gibson Explorer w/mods
Ibanez 321mh
(Les Paul 60's Tribute soon!)