Lately I've been feeling like I need a new guitar. I don't know what it is, but I'm just not feeling satisfied with what I have.

I have a PRS SE Custom 24 from about 2009, standard pickups. There's nothing about the guitar that really bothers me, I just can't shake this wanting another one (not another in addition to my PRS, but another to replace it).

So maybe you guys could recommend me some guitars to look into?

What I want:
fits with hardcore, alt-rock, punk style.
under $1000 (USD)

What I don't want:
Fender/Ibanez/Schecter
neck dive

Do you think I should go for getting a new one, or just stick with my SE 24 and see if it goes away?
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
Do this... Keep it, but keep your eyes open. I would hate to see you sell a guitar you like for one you may like less in the end... all because of G.A.S.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
It's GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome), you'll never shake it. It will haunt you for the rest of your guitar playing life... Have fun with that!
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

you really do need to ask yourself what is lacking with your current guitar. if the answer is nothing then you don't really need a different one. as mentioned we all get GAS from time to time. many players tend to believe that somehow if they had a different guitar their playing would magically get better as well. often not the case. maybe what you really need is a different amp.
I think what's frustrating about my current guitar is that:
I can't find a fitting case, only generic all-guitar cases.
The top strap lock's screw-hole is completely stripped to shit.
Pickups aren't getting the tone I want (I have been looking into new ones and planning on getting them shortly anyway).

I guess that's really it :\ Like i said, there's nothing I hate about my guitar really
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
GAS!

have you tried downtuning your prs?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by JRib1216
I think what's frustrating about my current guitar is that:
I can't find a fitting case, only generic all-guitar cases.
The top strap lock's screw-hole is completely stripped to shit.
Pickups aren't getting the tone I want (I have been looking into new ones and planning on getting them shortly anyway).

I guess that's really it :\ Like i said, there's nothing I hate about my guitar really

i'm sure you can get a PRS case although it may be a bit pricy. a case isn't a reason for a new guitar though. longer screw will solve problem 2. are you sure it's the pickups and not the amp that is not delivering the tone you want? new pups are an easy fix provided that is the problem.
Quote by monwobobbo
i'm sure you can get a PRS case although it may be a bit pricy. a case isn't a reason for a new guitar though. longer screw will solve problem 2. are you sure it's the pickups and not the amp that is not delivering the tone you want? new pups are an easy fix provided that is the problem.

Yeah, I know. Those weren't reasons I want to get rid of my PRS. I don't really have reasons to get rid of it at all. I'm thinking of getting some Mimarzio clip locks and then using wood glue to keep the screws in. It's permanent I guess, but I really can't see myself needing to remove them.

As for my amp, It's alright. I just got a new cab with great speakers, so I'll try to milk the best tone I can out of my B-52 LS 100. I'm looking for an all tube head upwards of 30 watts that can put out 16 ohms of power right now, but not looking really hard.
TABBERS WANTED
Try getting new picksups for your PRS
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by JRib1216
Yeah, I know. Those weren't reasons I want to get rid of my PRS. I don't really have reasons to get rid of it at all. I'm thinking of getting some Mimarzio clip locks and then using wood glue to keep the screws in. It's permanent I guess, but I really can't see myself needing to remove them.

As for my amp, It's alright. I just got a new cab with great speakers, so I'll try to milk the best tone I can out of my B-52 LS 100. I'm looking for an all tube head upwards of 30 watts that can put out 16 ohms of power right now, but not looking really hard.

i'm guessing that the B-52 is a SS amp? what tone exactly are you looking for? this might help get you some advice that will actually give you what you want (within reason).
Quote by monwobobbo
i'm guessing that the B-52 is a SS amp? what tone exactly are you looking for? this might help get you some advice that will actually give you what you want (within reason).

The LS100 Is indeed a SS amp.

I would really advise a new head before switching out pickups, you would notice a much bigger difference and you may even achieve the tone you want from a new head rather than new pups.

The stock pups in my Ce24 (albeit higher quality) perform well and are great all rounders for all genres of music.

Regarding DiMarzio cliplocks I have found them to be really stable and easy to install although the bottom strap pin has become very loose through use, a dowel and some wood glue would make it solid as a rock though.
Quote by poipoi
It's GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome), you'll never shake it. It will haunt you for the rest of your guitar playing life... Have fun with that!

QFT
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.