This is and LTD EX-400. I paid $299 for it used on guitarcenter.com. as you can see it has 2 chips on the body on the top corner, pickup screws are rusted, hardcore is kinda spotchy and gritty. i tried it out with headphones, had to change the battery, pickups seem fine. neck needs a good polish it looks like. strings need to be changed for sure. but im guessing I should just wait until I can get somehting to polish the neck a bit. previous owner must have sweat alot. i dont mind the couple chips. the pickups in it are worth over $200. what do you guys think? Should I return it? with a string chance and some hardware changes id be very happy with it. how hard is it to replace pickup screws and such?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Feb 7, 2012,
pickup screws arent hard to replace you just have to find the right sized screws and then pop them in the place of the old ones
cool, thanks man.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Not a fan of EMG's, but that's a nice looking guitar! Get new strings, clean the fretboard and the neck (or just sand the neck a bit, if you want it smooth as hell).
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
HNGD!
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
werent u on an epic hunt for an amp?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
werent u on an epic hunt for an amp?

yeah i also found a vypyr tube 60 for $249, just waiting on it to ship.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
get the footswitch!

nice guitar!

!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
get the footswitch!

nice guitar!

!

thanks man. i think its beautiful besides a little rust and a couple chips and dents.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by King Donkey
That fret access makes me sad.

HNGD, though!

yeah now that I think about it, it does freaking suck dude. im pretty novice though. i justed wanted something a liottle better than the jackson. $300 seems like a good deal.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by I K0nijn I
HNGD. I dig white explorers. ^^ Is it chrome hardware or gold? :P

chrome. lol. im gonna go get it worked on a bit right now. i hope there is some way I can fix the chips in the corner. i guess ill find out.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Nah the chips are just part of it, since it's finished in poly you pretty much have to deal with it. If it were nitro you could fill in the chips and assuming you matched the color exactly you wouldn't ever be able to tell there was a chip.

Replacing the screws is easy, though kinda pointless. The new ones will start to rust in time and the current ones just add character to the guitar. Most of the screws on my Flying V are rusty and it doesn't bother me .

As for wiping down the neck, I use one of these and it does a pretty good job. Its actually intended for wiping down the guitar in general but I just it for necks usually . I'll wipe down the body on my guitars once in a blue moon with it.

Fretboard care.. I use a product called "Dr Ducks AxWax". If it involves putting something on your guitar/trumpet/drums/etc this stuff does it all. And a bottle of it will last YEARS. I've had mine for around 5 years now and it's 3/4 full. About once a year I'll put about 3 drops of it down the length of the fretboard and rub it in with a cloth. After about 10-15 minutes I'll come back and buff it out (using a dry cloth) until it doesn't feel slippery anymore. It conditions the fretboard and loosens any gunk that was built up on it, the cloths removes all the gunk in the buffing process and you're left with a clean great looking fretboard. It's literally the ONLY product I ever put on any guitar I own.

HNGD
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Couldn't really see it too well. Gold hardware would've been really nice. xD Clips when you get the Vypyr Tube? ^^
Quote by Flux'D
Nah the chips are just part of it, since it's finished in poly you pretty much have to deal with it. If it were nitro you could fill in the chips and assuming you matched the color exactly you wouldn't ever be able to tell there was a chip.

Replacing the screws is easy, though kinda pointless. The new ones will start to rust in time and the current ones just add character to the guitar. Most of the screws on my Flying V are rusty and it doesn't bother me .

As for wiping down the neck, I use one of these and it does a pretty good job. Its actually intended for wiping down the guitar in general but I just it for necks usually . I'll wipe down the body on my guitars once in a blue moon with it.

Fretboard care.. I use a product called "Dr Ducks AxWax". If it involves putting something on your guitar/trumpet/drums/etc this stuff does it all. And a bottle of it will last YEARS. I've had mine for around 5 years now and it's 3/4 full. About once a year I'll put about 3 drops of it down the length of the fretboard and rub it in with a cloth. After about 10-15 minutes I'll come back and buff it out (using a dry cloth) until it doesn't feel slippery anymore. It conditions the fretboard and loosens any gunk that was built up on it, the cloths removes all the gunk in the buffing process and you're left with a clean great looking fretboard. It's literally the ONLY product I ever put on any guitar I own.

HNGD

thanks alot man. my brother in law did a set up for me and cleaned the frets and stuff. im loving these active pickups. eventhough im a beginner, i wanted to spoil myself lol. now I just gotta wait for my tube 60. im gonna look into those products for future use. i ordered the screws. but im sure you are right about the rusting. oh well. replacing them once wont hurt. thanks for hNGD wishes btw guys. ill try and get some sound clips eventhough im not very good. maybe I could have my brother and law play some stuff for you guys too. thanks again.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Nice bro And keep that chip, it's a battle scar! BTW I'm going to get the Jackson...I'll have an NGD thread...around next week (y cant i have a time machine ).
Quote by romeozdistress
yeah now that I think about it, it does freaking suck dude. im pretty novice though. i justed wanted something a liottle better than the jackson. $300 seems like a good deal.

Well it's sad that the guitar sucks...you can return it if you want lol.
Quote by N1K156
Well it's sad that the guitar sucks...you can return it if you want lol.

ohh no i was talking about the upper fret access. i LOVE this guitar man. i like the neck, wood, pickups. the sustain is just amazing as well as the harmonics compared to my jackson. my main guitar for metal type stuff for sure. it has some blemishes and stuff but i dont mind too much. i ordred some screws and pot covers. will prolly get some black tuners too eventually, wanna go black and white. should be pretty cool.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by coolstoryangus
Good deal.
HNGD

Now play some metallica! ROCK.

thanks man, will do!
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
HNGD.
One tip: paint the chips white. It'll mask it quite well.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
HNGD

Quote by LP_CL
HNGD.
One tip: paint the chips white. It'll mask it quite well.

This

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yep. Nice deal consider how much the pickups can cost.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

thanks guys. yeah, i plan to paint the chips. and the only difference between this and alot of hetfields explorers is this has a different ehadstock from what ive read. everything else is pretty much the same.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
HNGD i knew it was going to come one of these days. glad to hear you amp will get to your place tomorrow.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
HNGD i knew it was going to come one of these days. glad to hear you amp will get to your place tomorrow.

thanks man!
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Good score dude. You are set for a while! Now go and learn how to play like a pro!

You'll be in hog heaven when the amp shows up. You got a good deal on the guitar as well. Did you get the guitar on-line as well?
Quote by R45VT
Good score dude. You are set for a while! Now go and learn how to play like a pro!

You'll be in hog heaven when the amp shows up. You got a good deal on the guitar as well. Did you get the guitar on-line as well?

Yes I did, I blindly ordered it off guitarcenter.com. Big gamble, I expected some cometic wear. For $300 I couldnt resist. got some pot covers and pickup screws ordered. eventually id love to go black with the tuners and bridge also..sometime in the future. as well as painting over those chips. but overall I was very happy with this purchase.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
You'll chip it probably right after the paint dries.

At least you don't have *perfect* guitar waiting for the first chip.
yeah, its not that bad. gives it some character haha.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A