Hey guys,

I am in need of some help. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea about how to record anything. I have never done recording before, but I decided I want to cover some songs, and I want to record them in good quality. Since I dont have any kind of experience or knowledge in this field, I thought you guys could help me out with some advice/guidance...

First, could you write down the things that I need and explain what they are exactly used for in a very simple way if possible ? I have an electric acoustic guitar, which I want to connect to the PC and record in good quality, however I found that if I connect directly to my PC, the sound quality... well... its a piece of ****, so I wondered if there is any way to get a more "studio"-like sound. I also have a studio-microphone thats awesome so thats okay for the singing.

Second, can you suggest some things (if I need anything else that is) which are fairly low on price but provide good quality?

Thanks a lot
Basically.
Get an audio interface. Check out Focusrite, they have a product called a Scarlett 2i2. Great quality, good price.

You connect that to your PC via USB. You then plug your instrument or microphone into that.

Use some software, I like Reaper. It's free and it keeps it simple, great for starting out in.

If you're wanting to do vocals, unless you wanna shout really loud at your guitar buy a vocal mic, SM58's are the industry standard but you can get cheaper ones.
SM58's are awesome. For the money, the sound quality and durability is a no brainer. You can pick up a USB audio interface for around $100 last time I checked. The most important thing about recording: THE METRONOME. Go to sleep with a click track playing so your mind will absorb it. If you don't have a computer, get a little digital recorder. I picked up a 4-track Tascam recorder that records straight to an SD card. Pretty easy to use, and comes with stereo condensor mics built in.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
Define "fairly low on price".

Depending what you mean by it, you should also consider the possibility of getting a multitracker as your DAW instead of using your PC. It's usually a slightly higher initial outlay, but is much easier to use and has all the same basic functions of software based DAWs.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
An interface is key. How much do you want to spend? m-audio and some others make entry-level interfaces that you can get on ebay for less than $100