Hello guys. This is my first post. I just got Willam Leavitt's Modern Guitar Method and really want to improve my reading/playing skills.

Does anyone know per chance where I could find some sheet music that includes the Low E, F & G only?

I have never worked on reading music with the low E, F, G, A or B notes found in the first position.

The only reading I can do is first position beginning with the low C up to the high G 1st string 3rd fret and positions 2, 3, 4 and 5 with only notes in the middle range. I am very weak below and above the "main" ledger lines. I am going to need to learn the high A, B, C, D and E also.

I am looking for sheet music that only shows these three notes so I can isolate them to memorize them. I will then need to find some that has the Low A, B and C. I'm wanting to ingrain these in my head while reading and I find myself memorizing the exercises in the book, rather than reading for these particular notes. I am playing them in individual measures also, skipping measures but would like some more material to really get these notes ingrained.

In looking ahead in the book, there is absolutely no way I will be able to progress if I don't nail these lower notes.

I may just have to write them out on blank sheet music but with the additional ledger lines this will be a pain in the ass and very sloppy probably in how I can write them.

I wonder if anyone knows of a program that I could use online to create three note practice measures.
you could always just take guitar pro/tuxguitar and write some simple melodies containing only those notes. I don't know about any online tools though, but there is definitely software you could use for most of widely used OS's
Ehm, yes reading the below ledger notes can get kind of difficult, even more than the higher ledger notes.

Maybe you can try to relate the number of ledger lines and spaces with the note, and memorize it from there, like:

1 line= C
2 lines= A
3 lines= F
4 lines= D

1 space= D
2 spaces= B
3 spaces= G
4 spaces= E

On the "higher" ledger lines it's like this:

1 line= A
2 lines= C
3 lines= E
4 lines =G

1 space= G
2 spaces= B
3 spaces= D
4 spaces= F

etc and etc

Oh of course, any notation software will be fine.
Guitar Pro, Tux Guitar, Sibelius, etc.

Or you could write them by hand you know >_>
There's so much you can do with even the simplest reading exercises.

You think you've mastered it? Right, now turn the page upside down... read.

... and try bending in to every note.
Quote by KorYi
you could always just take guitar pro/tuxguitar and write some simple melodies containing only those notes. I don't know about any online tools though, but there is definitely software you could use for most of widely used OS's

I"m strapped at the moment but will be checking that out and thank you kindly for the recommendation.
guitar pro's like $30, around the same price as reaper

tuxguitar is free and will do all you need it to as well
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Right on. I'm going to download that tuxguitar right now. THanks! I just turned some sheet music upside and that is a sweet ass idea! Thanks alot guys for your help!
Musictheory.net has a great site full of exercises, there's a note reader. It's really helped me out
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness