Racist jokes are wrong, but I still find them funny
25 10%
Racist jokes are wrong, offensive and not funny
9 4%
Other
7 3%
Voters: 242.
Page 1 of 4
Kind of inspired by Zoot Allures' thread and some of the responses.

Do you make racist jokes? Do you find them funny or offensive? Do you have any limitations on racist jokes and only find certain types funny?

I'll admit I find racist jokes funny and my friends and I sometimes make racist jokes.

EDIT: The first option was supposed to say "Racist jokes are alright and funny"
Last edited by The Madcap at Feb 7, 2012,
Jokes are jokes. I will laugh at racist, sexist, dead baby, pedo, religious or personal jokes. Doesn't bother me.
You should be able to joke about anything. As long as it's funny.

I can't stand people who are all hush-hush around a racist joke. Humour is humour, stereotypes are fun. Being a politically correct sore-ass is not.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
They're funny because... well, they're jokes. I think people who get offended by jokes are incredibly stupid.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

"I don't tell racist jokes because I'm racist. I tell them because they're funny."

Daniel Tosh
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Racist jokes are hilarious and I have no problem with them.
However, if there is someone in the vicinity who is taking offence to it then I will stop immediately.

As long as you're using the "racism" solely on the grounds of humour/irony or satire then I find it acceptable.

If you're using it to be hurtful or hateful then you're gonna be losing teeth.

Ashley
There's nothing wrong with them, but rarely will I make one. My priorities lie elsewhere
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
A joke's a joke.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I don't mind them as long as they're said in good spirit. If they're said by someone who's actually racist it's not cool.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Stereotypes exist BECAUSE THEY'RE TRUE! Not everyone of a particular race will fit a stereotype, but a lot will. If someone doesn't feel that they fit a racial stereotype then they really shouldn't be offended.

I hate the whole PC bullshit.
To further my comment, I personally have no problem with black comedians making jokes about my race or culture.

"The black guy be all like this. And then you get that one white guy who'll be all like this. I mean what is up with that!?"

I've heard a joke to that effect a thousand times before and I've never taken any offence to it. Obviously it's stupid to assume that just because you don't mind it directed at yourself that others shouldn't mind it being directed at them, but with the enormous amount of joking going on from both sides of the race fence there is a claim to the notion

Ashley
I prefer jokes about stupid people, like George Carlin.

But that doesn't mean I won't watch my fair share of Dave Chappelle or Richard Pryor (sorry man)
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Feb 7, 2012,
No one can draw an objective line on humor.

Quote by bastards
I prefer jokes about stupid people, like George Carlin.

But that doesn't mean I won't watch my fair share of Dave Chappelle or Richard Pryor (sorry man)

No worries, if I ever write a script which involves a character parodying Richard Pryor, his name will certainly be Robert Pritchard.
Comedy is equal oppurtunity. Black people have jokes told about them, as do white people, Asians, and all other races.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
I make them and I laugh at them. Joke about germans being nazis around me and see what happens though!!!*

*I won't care
Check out my band Disturbed
I think theyre wonderful. Anything goes around me, as long as the person making the funnies arent actually racist or serious.

If theyre making the joke to hurt someone else, I wont laugh at their expense. I dont care how funny you are, if youre racist, you can go suck a dick.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
They're disgusting and should be abolished. Anyway, enough about Jews...

It's not the racism that makes them funny, it's the puns or similar joke features they use that make me laugh. I think racist/"offensive" jokes are completely fine as long as people don't meant them.
Last edited by LRCGUITAR at Feb 7, 2012,
That they're funny and politically incorrect.

If people find them offensive, then it usually shows that their views about themselves are as old-fashioned as the people who gave then shit for it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by bradulator
A joke's a joke.

This.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I like 'em.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Don't really care, if it's funny, it's funny. If it isn't, it isn't. It's a joke.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Loathe racism, but love racist jokes, even though they might cross the line from time to time.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']No one can draw an objective line on humor.

No worries, if I ever write a script which involves a character parodying Richard Pryor, his name will certainly be Robert Pritchard.

Oh do I have something for you

After meme generator comes back on

╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Feb 7, 2012,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How'd the white guy get his beer?

He went to the store and bought it.

white people are so pathetic.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by bastards
Oh do I have something for you

After meme generator comes back on

I'll be waiting!
Don't mind as long as they're funny. I can see why it bothers some, and there are some I heard that kinda crossed the line to the point where I didn't think it was funny (about lynching and stuff) but I think some need to lighten up and have a laugh. Getting all upset or offended isn't gonna do any favors, besides possibly making you look like an uptight douchebag.
What do you call a black man with a car? A thief.
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Depends if it is a joke, or if it is a racist that is joking but actually being serious with it.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I'll be waiting!

It was obligatory

╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Page 1 of 4