Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage

Page 1 of 4
The 9th Circuit Court in California struck down as unconstitutional the state's voter-passed ban on gay marriage Tuesday, ruling 2-1 that it violates the rights of gay Californians.
"Proposition 8 serves no purpose, and has no effect, other than to lessen the status and human dignity of gays and lesbians in California, and to officially reclassify their relationships and families as inferior to those of opposite-sex couples," Judge Stephen Reinhardt wrote in the decision. The Court concludes that the law violates the 14th Amendment rights of gay couples to equal protection under the law. Gay marriage will still not be allowed in the state, leaving time for Prop 8 defenders to challenge the decision.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/court-overturns-prop-8-california-says-state-t-181451250.html

It's about time... again.

SkepsisMetal brought up a good point though (I should've done more than skim the article)

Gay marriage will still not be allowed in the state, leaving time for Prop 8 defenders to challenge the decision.

It's not banned but it's not legal.
Last edited by RPGoof at Feb 7, 2012,
Gay marriage will still not be allowed in the state, leaving time for Prop 8 defenders to challenge the decision.

Still not quite a first world country.
That's completly ridiculous, gay people should have the right to marry and li- wait what? A good decision for once?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
But they are inferior. It's not like gay have feelings or anything.

People
Animals
Insects
Gays
In that order.
Quote by trainspotted11
But they are inferior. It's not like gay have feelings or anything.

People
Animals
Insects
Gays
In that order.

You better watch it, some people might bitch at you for not setting animals equal to humans.
Or souls lol. i don't support this, would our founding fathers approve of this? It is essentially saying that we have passed morality as humans, but we haven't its not right.
I really hate gay hating people. No matter how tolerant I try to be, I can't make myself like someone who doesn't accept gay people.
I think Family Guy put it pretty well: "So you mean two straight people who hate each other have more right to get married than two gay people who love each other?"

But still, good for California. Now I won't have to unleash the hoardes of undead mutant rats that I've bred in cages beneath the state.

....yet.
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721
Or souls lol. i don't support this, would our founding fathers approve of this? It is essentially saying that we have passed morality as humans, but we haven't its not right.

Your English is absolutely terrible. Not that I'm very surprised considering the sentiment behind the post.
Check out my band Disturbed
I never understood why anyone would be opposed to gay marriage. When it comes down to it, gay marriage does not negatively affect anyone.
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Don't see why gay people even exist
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Quote by StewieSwan
Your English is absolutely terrible. Not that I'm very surprised considering the sentiment behind the post.
Er.. I see nothing wrong with his sentiment, Mr. Grammar Nazi.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Quote by Paddy McK
I never understood why anyone would be opposed to gay marriage. When it comes down to it, gay marriage does not negatively affect anyone.

But don't you realise that if gay people get married, they'll want to start adopting? And that kids raised by gay people are indoctrinated to believe in their gay ways and become gay themselves? Do you not see that gay people are trying to ruin America?

DO YOU SEE??
Quote by StewieSwan

i honestly have no idea what the sentiment behind it is. it's like he's speaking the language of those ad bots
Quote by CoreysMonster
But don't you realise that if gay people get married, they'll want to start adopting? And that kids raised by gay people are indoctrinated to believe in their gay ways and become gay themselves? Do you not see that gay people are trying to ruin America?

DO YOU SEE??

It's all so clear now. NOOOOOOOOOO! Please God no, people different from myself? I can't cope.
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
stewie swan u can bl0w me how is that for english. u obviously don't understand the parameters of the law mentally unstable people could marry items or even animals check that list up there despite both being higher than gays they are lower than humans.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i honestly have no idea what the sentiment behind it is. it's like he's speaking the language of those ad bots

Agreed. I was going to respond to the original comment but I couldn't actually work out what he was trying to say
My Soundcloud
I think its peculiar how some people are actually against gay marriage. I just dont get it. Let'em get married. Then maybe the gay people will stop hitting on the straight guys like me.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Quote by Paddy McK

I'm for gay marriage, well, actually I just don't oppose it. So if they want to marry, let them and don't bash it, but your statement should be that gay marriage at this point doesn't negatively affect anyone. Not that I actually think gay marriage will ever be so widespread that it becomes a threat to reproduction, but still the hypothetical possibility of say, 51 % of the world's marriages being same-sex marriage would negatively affect people.
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721
stewie swan u can bl0w me how is that for english. u obviously don't understand the parameters of the law mentally unstable people could marry items or even animals check that list up there despite both being higher than gays they are lower than humans.

Gays are humans. That is a biological, legal and ethical fact.
My Soundcloud
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721

you barely have a grasp on the english language, how the hell do you know anything about law?
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721

A. 13
B. Troll
C. Retard
D. All of the above

Can't decide.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StillSublime
Er.. I see nothing wrong with his sentiment, Mr. Grammar Nazi.

Though I do see something wrong with the poster's views, you have to realize that its just StewieSwan. He grammar nazi's everyone.

Edit: Poster being that corey troll or whatever his name is.
Last edited by High&Mighty at Feb 7, 2012,
Quote by High&Mighty
I'm for gay marriage, well, actually I just don't oppose it. So if they want to marry, let them and don't bash it, but your statement should be that gay marriage at this point doesn't negatively affect anyone. Not that I actually think gay marriage will ever be so widespread that it becomes a threat to reproduction, but still the hypothetical possibility of say, 51 % of the world's marriages being same-sex marriage would negatively affect people.

How would a large amount of gays being married effect anything at all? There's definitely a large amount of gay couples in the world, and marriage doesn't really change anything outside of their personal lives, why would it effect yours?
Quote by High&Mighty

Hypothetically, I get your point. But surely that would require 51% of the world's population to be gay in the first place? If that were to happen it would be nothing to do with marriage, just a bizarre cultural phenomenon I suppose xD
My Soundcloud
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721

Definitely an adbot
Quote by CoreysMonster

DO YOU SEE??

They're trying to take over the world and must be stopped.
Quote by trainspotted11
They're trying to take over the world and must be stopped.

They're going to make us dance slaves in their gay rave temples where they play nothing but Dragosta Din Tei and Lady Gaga!
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721

stay (sic)

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by RPGoof
How would a large amount of gays being married effect anything at all? There's definitely a large amount of gay couples in the world, and marriage doesn't really change anything outside of their personal lives, why would it effect yours?

Lets take it even further. Say 75 percent of the world's marriages are gay marraiges you don't think that would affect our species reproduction? I see what you mean though, that they would still be gay with or with out them being married. Maybe I should have just said if the majority of the population were gay, then I would imagine it would have some negative impacts our species survival. If the majority of people don't naturally reproduce, then eventually it will take its toll.

Not like that will ever happen tho. I was just being anal about his phrasing.
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721
You are offended. I am sorry. ^^^

I don't think you offended anyone. You just seem to be confusing people with your general incoherence
My Soundcloud
Quote by High&Mighty
Lets take it even further. Say 75 percent of the world's marriages are gay marraiges you don't think that would affect our species reproduction? I see what you mean though, that they would still be gay with or with out them being married. Maybe I should have just said if the majority of the population were gay, then I would imagine it would have some negative impacts our species survival. If the majority of people don't naturally reproduce, then eventually it will take its toll.

Not like that will ever happen tho. I was just being anal about his phrasing.

i don't think a drop in species reproduction is anything to worry about. there's too many people as it is.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i don't think a drop in species reproduction is anything to worry about.

I don't either.
Page 1 of 4