hi everybody, please watch my video and tell me what technique should I train most, in order to play better
***link removed***
thanks everyone! Rock and Roll!!
can you play anything that isn't a rock ballad? and not use what i can't help but assume is solid state distortion due to the sterile undertones of your playing?

everybody can wank.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Ease off on the shredding a bit. It didn't really work for me in that context and I kind of got the (possibly wrong) impression that you were showcasing your skills rather than trying to make music
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Hail
can you play anything that isn't a rock ballad? and not use what i can't help but assume is solid state distortion due to the sterile undertones of your playing?

everybody can wank.

Shut the **** up and don't be a snob, not everybody can afford a tube amp.
TS, that was really good, I'd just recommend that when shredding, keep some melody in there instead of endlessly playing as many notes as possible.
I fall in the same rut that you do in the fact that I feel the compulsion to constantly be moving through a scale and not focus on emphasizing any single particular notes.
Yeah, I'm going to go with the consensus about the shredding. It really threw everything off and didn't fit with any of the other parts of the song, I mean it was basically just scale patterns--I hate most shredding for that very reason. Also, the sweeping part at 0:26 was kind of painful.

But seriously though, what's with the damn scarf?
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Last edited by wyldething at Feb 7, 2012,
Nice, but try to go across several positions in these fast passages- it will sound way more interesting. Also, as someone else mentioned, more melodic, slower parts would be welcome. Other than that gj.
You need to learn how to utilize the scales better when playing quickly. I think one of your problems was that you kept the run going too long and then repeated it ascending. Try experimenting using shorter phrasing on shred part like that into more melodic section. Melody doesn't have to be slow either.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
go spam your video elsewhere please
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com