If you can't tell what that is, it's the part between the nut and truss rod, and a little piece that overhangs the truss rod broke off (it's not my fault, I swear). Anyway, am I screwed? Should I go ahead and put the nut back on, or is there some fix I should consider?

Edit: I just thought of something: could I just slip a little splint between the truss rod and the nut platform (I'll call it that because I don't know better), then use wood glue or wood filler in the empty space?
Last edited by XMasterOfKtuluX at Feb 7, 2012,
Gonna have to put 'er down.

Take it to a tech.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
yeah man, theres a lot of tension on the truss rod and some kin da rig job probably wont work and may make future repair more difficult. I would have someone look at it , see waht they say, and if possible fix it yourself if you understand what they told you and feel you can really do it. Otherwise lay out the cash! Unless the guitar is cheap anyway, then buy a new one. Is it a part of the rod or an additional piece? Maybe you can just replace that part? I'd have to see it better. Good Luck. The unexpected demise of an axe is always horrible unless you have others.
Quote by pushingthrough
yeah man, theres a lot of tension on the truss rod and some kin da rig job probably wont work and may make future repair more difficult. I would have someone look at it , see waht they say, and if possible fix it yourself if you understand what they told you and feel you can really do it. Otherwise lay out the cash! Unless the guitar is cheap anyway, then buy a new one. Is it a part of the rod or an additional piece? Maybe you can just replace that part? I'd have to see it better. Good Luck. The unexpected demise of an axe is always horrible unless you have others.

It's just part of what the nut sits on, nothing on the truss rod is broken or anything. But yeah, I guess I'll have to take it somewhere, and maybe they'll give me good news and tell me that my idea will work...or maybe they'll tell me they can't fix it, then I'll be pretty screwed because Schecter doesn't do replacement parts (unless you have a warranty...oops). Thanks for the post
So it's just a little bit of wood where the nut glues on just above where the access is to the triss rod? Is that right? If so ignore it, glue the nut back on with a couple of tiny drops of super glue on the side facing the fret board and I mean tiny.
Quote by Twidler
So it's just a little bit of wood where the nut glues on just above where the access is to the triss rod? Is that right? If so ignore it, glue the nut back on with a couple of tiny drops of super glue on the side facing the fret board and I mean tiny.

Yeah, you have the right idea. I'm skeptical about using super glue because, according to forums I've read before, it's a bad idea to use it since there's always the chance that you may have to replace the nut, and it will be extremely difficult and damaging to remove. Basically, the story behind me not having a nut on at the moment is that I had an intonation problem, and one of my attempts at fixing it was replacing the nut. So, I took off the stock one (which was Elmer glued on, that doesn't work at all) and put on a new one with wood glue (which held okay, but fell off since I didn't clamp it at all). This didn't solve my problem, so I'm just putting the original nut back on (when I can figure out the BEST way to do it). ANYWAY, what I'm trying to get at is, will wood glue be okay to use, since it held somewhat nicely the first time? Again, sorry for the whole story
tl;dr: Will wood glue work, instead?
Quote by XMasterOfKtuluX
Yeah, you have the right idea. I'm skeptical about using super glue because, according to forums I've read before, it's a bad idea to use it since there's always the chance that you may have to replace the nut, and it will be extremely difficult and damaging to remove. Basically, the story behind me not having a nut on at the moment is that I had an intonation problem, and one of my attempts at fixing it was replacing the nut. So, I took off the stock one (which was Elmer glued on, that doesn't work at all) and put on a new one with wood glue (which held okay, but fell off since I didn't clamp it at all). This didn't solve my problem, so I'm just putting the original nut back on (when I can figure out the BEST way to do it). ANYWAY, what I'm trying to get at is, will wood glue be okay to use, since it held somewhat nicely the first time? Again, sorry for the whole story
tl;dr: Will wood glue work, instead?

No.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi