My friend visited japan recently and brought me back an Ibanez Ts808. I know nothing about this pedal, I've never played one or owned one, but its a very popular pedal, so of course I knew what it was anyways. He seems to be pretty convinced its vintage and not a reissue, I'm almost certain it's a reissue, but I have no idea how to tell without opening it up as there's no visible date on the back label. So if anyone has a way to verify, that would be nice.

But the reason for my posting is that as soon as I got the pedal, I threw it into my pedalboard and fired it up. I needed this little adapter because the pedal has a 3.5mm jack on it instead of the regular jack, but when I turned it on, I noticed the indicator light was VERY dim. I mean you almost can't see it in day light, you have to cup your hands over it to see it, and I've never seen that on a pedal. And it seems to be pretty quiet for an overdrive pedal. I own a Zakk Wylde Overdrive, a modded Blues Driver, I use to have a few Danelectro overdrives and some Boss ones, and 90% of the time with those, I kept the output knob at about 3/4. With this TS808, I have it all the way up and it barely comes to level with my clean channel.

I like to boost my amp with overdrives so if it doesn't put out any louder sound than my clean channel, it doesn't do a whole lot for me. Does anyone who has a TS808 have any of these problems? This one was bought in Japan, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I have tried it with a 9v battery and it makes no difference.
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
I dont think its getting enough power? are you putting in a daisy chain power wise or are you using a seperate 9v adapter...because the output knob at 3/4 on mine would be miles above my clean tone on any of my amps.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It is daisy chained, so to test it, I unplugged it and ran it off a fresh battery, but nothing changed.
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13