I've come across a few extra dollars and I've always wanted a 7 string. Well turns out I went into a shop and found a rg7321 for $299. Which I believe is normal price and also a RGA 7 for $399, which seems like a good deal. Its more of a fender/gibson type of shop and I think they are just trying to get rid of it. Opinions?

I don't know much about 7 strings and i'd rather have opinions from people that may have tried both than just reviews on harmony central. I'm not necessarily in need of a top notch 7 string but I don't want to blow $300-400 on something that is a piece of shit in the long haul. I'm getting a strat or tele soon for college graduation but i want another guitar for drop tuning first.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Feb 7, 2012,
The RG7321 is Ibanez's entry-level 7-string, a similar quality to the RG321 (which I own, and it's alright). It has PASSIVE pickups- in my experience, Ibanez passive pickups are usually poor.

The RGA7 is a bit higher up, but it has ACTIVE pickups which will likely be better than the Ibanez passives. It also has an arch-top body, like a Les Paul.. this may or may not be an issue for you, personally I prefer flat-tops. Also it seems there's some money off that, so it's a good deal

I would highly recommend the RGA7 over the RG7321!
Last edited by SilverSpurs616 at Feb 7, 2012,
The RGA7 is a great guitar for $400 (you will probably want to change the pups to EMGs or Blackouts).

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by SilverSpurs616
The RG7321 is Ibanez's entry-level 7-string, a similar quality to the RG321 (which I own, and it's alright). It has PASSIVE pickups- in my experience, Ibanez passive pickups are usually poor.

The RGA7 is a bit higher up, but it has ACTIVE pickups which will likely be better than the Ibanez passives. It also has an arch-top body, like a Les Paul.. this may or may not be an issue for you, personally I prefer flat-tops. Also it seems there's some money off that, so it's a good deal

I would highly recommend the RGA7 over the RG7321!

I will more or less agree with this. The RGA7s I've played I've found are nicer than the RG7321 however the ibanez actives are horrible pickups. The pickups in the 7321 (while still pretty bad) are better than the ones in the RGA7. I'd still suggest getting the RGA though, swap the pups out for some Blackouts and you'll be set.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Alright thanks guys, I googled but couldn't find anything is the RGA 7 MIJ or MIK?

EDIT: nevermind its MII
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300