I always sing higher than I want to, when I play my songs... Idk if that's good or bad. But I just wanted to know if it is, because my high voice is not as good as my low voice, and even though my guitar is in drop C, I'm still singing higher... ????
Are you singing in tune with what you're playing?

How's your ear overall? Can you hit the note you want to hit quickly and accurately?

It may be - particularly if your ear is undeveloped - that you're intuitively feeling like the song is in a different key and trying to sing it in that key.

Play the vocal line you want to sing on your guitar. Match pitch with it. Practice that.
If your guitar is in drop C, well, not too many voices can hit that note with clarity. I wouldn't be bothered by it. Your voice has a range, one that cannot be expanded (although without training most singers will not use all of it). Just use what you have.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Well, I'm singing in a harmony, like I play my guitar in way that it sounds good with what I'm singing. If I sing what I play, that's kinda boring, isn't it? But, either way, I'll try that out.. Practicing and singing a line.
Maybe you should look at some songs you like and compare the vocal line to the chords played, because other than the issue I addressed above, I have no idea what you're asking.
Soundcloud
I wish I could upload some of my iPod voice memo's, which is me singing and playing, but I tried yesterday, and I don't know how to change the bit rate, so I can't really show you.
What I mean is... The chord I play, I don't wanna sound the same with the voice... I hear this with every single song ever made. Harmonizing with the chord, I don't really have trouble with that, but I feel that some of my songs are really... Boring, because I don't have any differences with the vocals.... Idk, it's complicated, but do you get what I mean?
Well for a start, the voice is supplying the melody, not the guitar (unless you're just playing single lines on the guitar, and not chords, and are singing those exact lines).

Pretty much every melody line (including vocals) will emphasise chord tones and bridge between them.

Maybe a good way to go is to write the vocal melody line first, something you find interesting, and then write chords for it.
Soundcloud
Yeah.. I'll just work on it, I guess.
You're pretty good though, btw. I looked at your MP3's, pretty good!
Quote by RamblinMan2450
Yeah.. I'll just work on it, I guess.
You're pretty good though, btw. I looked at your MP3's, pretty good!

Thanks dude - I really should get some more up but I'm slack.
Soundcloud
Quote by RamblinMan2450
Well, I'm singing in a harmony, like I play my guitar in way that it sounds good with what I'm singing. If I sing what I play, that's kinda boring, isn't it? But, either way, I'll try that out.. Practicing and singing a line.

You misunderstood my question.

You say you're singing higher than you want to, and I'm trying to figure out what that is.

So you should play the line that you want to sing, and practice singing it with your guitar to get it in your head. Then play the guitar part, and try to keep singing the same thing.

When you do that, what happens?
Um, idk, I'll get back to you on that.
I don't record my voicings, because I usually can't, I use my voice memos on my iPod to do that, and I'm trying to figure out this Presonus software, but it's still really complicated. In my opinion.
1. When I talk, I have my normal voice, but when I play and sing, my voice is never as low, so I was just wondering if anyone else does that.
2. When I play and sing I'm just wondering if there's like a key to it, because I make up my own vocals, and it sounds pretty good, but idk. I'm just second guessing my music I guess?
Quote by AlanHB
Thanks dude - I really should get some more up but I'm slack.

It's all good. I subscribed so I'll know when you do.
You have a band that performs all under that? If you do, what recording software do you use?
Quote by RamblinMan2450
It's all good. I subscribed so I'll know when you do.
You have a band that performs all under that? If you do, what recording software do you use?

Oh no, it's all different stuff from different bands. Some I recorded with a Boss BR-1600CD, some with a Zoom H2, some professional studio style.
Soundcloud