Page 1 of 2
Because people fall easily into perpetuated cultural nonsense.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Because they're gross.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
They're alright but their piss can carry diseases unlike other rodents so that's a minus
Quote by guitarxo
Why do people think rats are grosser than other rodents?

Grosser?
Anyway, they're usually associated with the sewers and other unhygienic areas.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Association with sewers, I blame Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, personally.

Don't be dissin Master Splinter.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Cats are also associated with sewers but no one thinks they're gross.

Well I don't. And rodents clean themselves too.
cat
Quote by guitarxo

They are?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by guitarxo

If you love them so much why don't you marry them?
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Rats always attack me and my buds whenever we adventure through the storm drains. That's why I always carry a cap gun on me.
Cats are associated with walking all over your keyboard while you're trying to type and acting like they want to go outside by standing at the door and then just sitting there when you open it for them.
Quote by WCPhils
They are?

Whenever I walk past a sewer/storm drain I see cats, so I associate them with that. Although they're probably just there for the rats. But rats are just giant mice and they're really cute and they're intelligent.

Quote by Highway60Bob
If you love them so much why don't you marry them?

I would if I could.

Quote by devourke
Cats are associated with walking all over your keyboard while you're trying to type and acting like they want to go outside by standing at the door and then just sitting there when you open it for them.

cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Feb 7, 2012,
Quote by devourke

And being ninjas in every way possible. Ten foot vertical jump, stealthily moving everywhere, maneuvering their way through the tightest of spaces. If cats had fully developed brains, they would take over in a heartbeat.
Well this is obviously why...

People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
Quote by Skullivan
And being ninjas in every way possible. Ten foot vertical jump, stealthily moving everywhere, maneuvering their way through the tightest of spaces. If cats had fully developed brains, they would take over in a heartbeat.

No they wouldn't, because I could punt them 15 yards or suspend a piece of ham over a pit and create a massacre.
bad name + naked tail + sewers n shit + bubonic plague = PR disaster
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by guitarxo

but that was hundreds of years ago

Doesn't have to be recent. Black cats crossing paths is still known as a phobia and it's just as stupid and dated. The fact that rodents DID pass around disease at one point affected everyone at the time, who wrote about it and such. We have read/seen/heard modern day versions of these stories, like the pied piper, or have just had the same idea passed down from generation to generation ala cautionary tales, myths and old wives tales.

We've had many dumb things passed down that people still talk about, including witches which were only thought up as ugly and evil during the witch hunt years to get kids to stay away from them. We still have people dressing up as them on halloween, and it's just as stupid as rats being the worst rodent (okay, it's more stupid but still).
Rats look like hungry rabbits with mad cow.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by RU Experienced?
No they wouldn't, because I could punt them 15 yards or suspend a piece of ham over a pit and create a massacre.

Too bad they already brushed up against your leg so cuddly and slashed it to pieces.
Last edited by Skullivan at Feb 8, 2012,
Same reason people are weirdly terrified of spiders.

Also, check your profile. I answered your other important question.
why are black girls terrified of cockroaches but not grasshoppers?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by Skullivan
Too bad they already brushed up against your leg so cuddly and slashed it too pieces.

I thought we were talking about cats, not porcupines.
Cockroaches are ugly. Grasshoppers are elusive. I found a stick insect in my boxers once when I was a kid. It didn't scare me at first because I thought it was a stick and then it moved and I screamed like a little girl.
Because they hide on dark places, and when you see them they appear all of a sudden, running from one end of the room/street to the other, in which case you have little time to see them and I guess that impacts you psychologically somehow.

Also because they are ugly, and maybe because of their large numbers at certain times (maybe a whole bunch of ugly hamsters or ugly squirrells running around the floor of your house would be as "gross" as rats).
I think rats are cute.
I don't like to drink too much. I just hang out with people that do.
I used to have a few pet rats. Nice little creatures, a lot of fun.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Wild rats are disgusting, disease carrying, pests that break into food and shit in your dwellings.

Answer jo question?

Also, I think it's hilarious that you like cats and rats. Because it rhymes and because they are natural enemies.

Quote by rhinomiester647
When I think of rats, I think "Why the **** is guitarxo's avatar 500 times bigger than everyone elses?"

what

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Same reason people are weirdly terrified of spiders.

Also, check your profile. I answered your other important question.
If rat bros existed would people like them as much as spiderbros? and I replied to your reply of my other important question

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Wild rats are disgusting, disease carrying, pests that break into food and shit in your dwellings.

Answer jo question?

Also, I think it's hilarious that you like cats and rats. Because it rhymes and because they are natural enemies.

isn't the first part true for a lot of animals though? D:

I like all vertebrates and quite a few invertebrates. you're just singling out the fact that I like cats and rats

And thank you everyone for answering my question, even though I disagree with anyone who said that rats are gross and ugly.
cat
'Cause mice are cuter

And rats just have a bad stigma to them. Personally I don't want to see either rats or mice.
I think this is the first time I've seen a thread created by you.

OT: I like mice, I am indifferent towards rats, but would prefer to stay away because all of the diseases they carry and stuff.
Page 1 of 2