Ok, I couldn't find a clip, but has anybody else seen a Chili's commercial which clearly has a generic, instrumental version of No One Knows?

Weird shit, huh?

That is all
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I saw an 'Entourage' commercial with that in it. It clearly wasn't 'No one knows' though, just a poor imitation.
Well Entourage is a just a poor imitation of a good show, so...
EDIT: ^ Consider yourself lucky.

Double post: This also reminds me of when Outback Steakhouse had a similar rip-off of Of Montreal's "Wraith Pinned o the Mist" that changed the like "Let's pretend we're in Antarctica" to "Let's pretend we're in Australia."

That is all.
Quote by boreamor
Some injury lawyers or some pension advert in Britain has an instrumental version of Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye, recently made viral by Walk Off The Earth.

I didn't know that song had gone international?
Quote by spitonastranger

In Britain it's freakin' huge. Radio, viral on Facebook... Hell, UG had an article on it and posted it on Facebook.

Whenever I mention it to someone they always say "I FREAKIN' LOVE THAT SONG".
Dude it was massive in Australia for a while (I'm presuming you know he's Australian?)

It is a pretty classic song...
The hype was dying down here but then it came in #1 on the triple j hottest 100 recentyl (massive deal here) so i guess it's having a sort of renaissance.

He's been around for quite a while actually. He had a pretty big hit with this song.
Quote by spitonastranger

Oh Jesus,you mean their going to put everyone else through that as well?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by boreamor
Oooh love that song. man!

No problem man. This conversation reminded me of how good that song is so to you too.
Dude you're a ****ing idiot. Either you're listening to a different commercial or you have no ear for music. That song is definitely made to sound just like No One Knows. You think all these people are making this shit up? They do it all the time on ads. This one is pretty damn close to being plagiarism in my opinion.
Quote by spitonastranger
The hype was dying down here but then it came in #1 on the triple j hottest 100 recentyl (massive deal here) so i guess it's having a sort of renaissance.

He's been around for quite a while actually. He had a pretty big hit with this song.

The Hottest 100 is a pretty huge deal indeed...
http://hottest100.zzl.org/
Quote by snipelfritz
EDIT: ^ Consider yourself lucky.

Double post: This also reminds me of when Outback Steakhouse had a similar rip-off of Of Montreal's "Wraith Pinned o the Mist" that changed the like "Let's pretend we're in Antarctica" to "Let's pretend we're in Australia."

That is all.

They didn't rip it off, of Montreal sold them the rights so they could continue making music. That was during the Sunlandic Twins album which was almost entirely written and recorded by Kevin and they were low on cash. The revenue from that commercial and their appearance in a TMobile ad helped get them the money to make Hissing Fauna and Skeletal Lamping.
Quote by Dgspark
Dude you're a ****ing idiot. Either you're listening to a different commercial or you have no ear for music. That song is definitely made to sound just like No One Knows. You think all these people are making this shit up? They do it all the time on ads. This one is pretty damn close to being plagiarism in my opinion.

You're an idiot for not realising this discussion stopped in February