Hello i own a Marshall MG50FX amp, when i change channels i.e from clean to overdrive, both the reverb and effects come on automatically which is really annoying. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Cheers.

P.S does anyone have a tab for the song Burned my eye by radio birdman that they could send me?
Doesn't sound like something that should be happening. Is it a new amp? If so, go back to the place you bought it, it sounds like it could be faulty so you should get it sorted under warranty. At worst they'll be able to tell you what you're doing wrong.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Feb 8, 2012,
You've probably got effects saved onto the preset. Switch all the effects off and then write the sound on the channel without the effects on.

That or set it on fire, both viable options.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by dco1166
Hello i own a Marshall MG50FX amp

The answer is in the question...........

i have a 15fx and it has 2 modes manual and preset. the reverb and effects come on because they have been saved onto the preset. to put it into manual mode hold the tap button until the store button lights up and then turn the knob.
TS - ignore all the haters. These forums are full of gear snobs who hate MGs and all those who use them. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Haha cheers thanks for the help im pretty happy with the amp. i think ill try and reset it.