For my research funding proposal I need to provide a highly simplified description of the research aimed at the highly retarded level. can the non-scientifically minded people of the pit read this and tell me if they can understand it?

'The aim of this research is to develop a new class of drugs to treat cancer, a disease which is a leading cause of death worldwide. The development of new anticancer drugs is therefore of huge importance. This research will try to do this by using metal-based drugs which are drugs that contain a metal atom. These kinds of drugs, although effective, can have toxic side effects which has meant that they have been overlooked in the past. We aim to use metals which are used naturally by the human body and combine them chemically with another compound to create a new drug which will not cause the toxic side effects that are seen with other metal-based drugs. The work will focus on designing the compound that will be combined with the metal based on a similar type of compound which has been shown to be effective at fighting cancer when combined with a metal. The design process will involve making a wide variety of compounds and combining them with different metals in order to find the best anticancer compound. These will be tested in cancer cells in the lab and development beyond this stage will need more funding.'
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Idiots needed? You've come to the right place my friend.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I got it, so I think you're goal has been reached. It's a shame represent isn't around. Then you'd know for sure.
Idiot here, it makes sense. There's at least one grammar error though.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
I heard metal.

METAL!!!! YEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

But seriously, I understood it. It's not very hard.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Ask Butt Rayge.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
How dare you call me an idiot. I think the impact of drugs on metal is very big, for example like ozzy used tons of drugs and hes heeps metal.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
As someone who's English is not the native language, and therefore don't understand big or sophisticated words all that well, I have to say you're description is pretty idiot proof. Although, you went too far just to simplify things.
It's pretty easy to understand, but it's horribly written. It has no flow to it at all. The choppiness of it makes it worse to read than whatever science-tastic material it was derived from.

My suggestion:
'The aim of this research is to develop a new class of drugs to treat cancer, a disease which is a leading cause of death worldwide. This research will try to treat cancer by using metal-based drugs, which are drugs that contain a metal atom. These kinds of drugs, although effective, have been overlooked in the past because they have toxic side effects. We aim to use metals which the human body uses naturally and combine them chemically with other compounds to create a new drug which will not have the toxic side effects of other metal-based drugs. The work will focus on designing a compound similar to an existing compound that has been shown to be effective at fighting cancer when combined with a metal. The design process will involve making a wide variety of compounds and combining them with different metals in order to find the best anticancer compound. These compounds will be tested in cancer cells in the lab, but development beyond this stage will need more funding.'

It's still pretty choppy, but I moved some things around and took out some unnecessary fluff words to make it a little easier to swallow.
Last edited by madbasslover at Feb 8, 2012,
Aren't you a bit young to do independent research?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by spitonastranger
Phineas and Ferb.jpg

Omg that came out perfectly
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
Quote by spitonastranger

I was asking TS.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by entity0009
whats a side effect

It's an effect that you get at the side of your dish, like salad.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Non-native english-speaker here, who has next to no understanding of chemistry and I got it. Sounds like you need to add a tad more "big" words.
Ibanez: RGD2127Z
Ibanez: RG1527
Ibanez: RG1570
Ibanez: S7420
Ibanez: JS100
Dean: Razorback Cemetery Gates
Peavey: 6505+
Fractal Audio: Axe FX II mark 2
Mesa Boogie: Recto 4x12

7>6! Join the 7-string legion!
my main proposal has all the big words. theres a 200 word limit hence the choppiness and i was told to write it so a 10 year could understand it
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Quote by Eggmond
my main proposal has all the big words. theres a 200 word limit hence the choppiness and i was told to write it so a 10 year could understand it

But why do you need it? Are you a PhD student already?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
The thread says idiots needed, but this is way too long for a proper idiot to read.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by Neo Evil11
But why do you need it? Are you a PhD student already?

I'm applying for funding to do PhD and this is the research I'll be working on
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Quote by Eggmond
I'm applying for funding to do PhD and this is the research I'll be working on

So basically you're saying "Metal Kills"
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Makes sense to me
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by Jackal58

yup! heavy metals like copper, zinc and behemoth in particular. i want to make a drug that has just the right amount of killing power though
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Quote by Jackal58

It does.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I read an article somewhere about a little known cancer treatment that supposedly works much better than chemo. It does something with reactivating something in the cells' mitochondria which allows them to fight the cancer cells and eradicate the disease. I tried to find it again on my friend's wall, but to no avail.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by shavorules42
I read an article somewhere about a little known cancer treatment that supposedly works much better than chemo. It does something with reactivating something in the cells' mitochondria which allows them to fight the cancer cells and eradicate the disease. I tried to find it again on my friend's wall, but to no avail.

never heard of that one but most mitochondrial targeted therapies focus on oxidative stress through radical generation which incidentally is the approach im taking. the body has very little capability to fight off tumours cos the immune system cant recognise tumours very well since its your own flesh and blood. there are mechanisms to destroy defective cells that lead to tumours though
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\