Looking into a Kustom Coupe 72, was trying to find reviews but there arent many out there. The ones I found were mostly good but I was wondering if anyone had an experience with them and what you thought.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
i liked the 36 watt version i tried
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i liked the 36 watt version i tried

I know there is going to be differences between the 36 watt and 72, but would you compare the cleans to a fender hot rod? Wheres there alot of clean headroom?
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
i didn't get to crank it up, so i can't say regarding the headroom. i thought the clean channel was pretty fendery, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just noticed this thread when I was doing a search. Im not sure if youre still looking at the coupe but I'll give you my opinion of it anyways.

I've owned the 36' for about 4 years now and I still love it now as much as the day I got it. I don't gig alot but I have played about 20 shows with it. In all cases it performed very well. Most venues were bars or smaller settings, and in most cases I never enven had to mic it.

The rythem channel has lots of headroom for playing live, although the master allows you to get a really nice, natutal od tone, at low volumes. I agree with Dave_MC, the rythem channel get a really nice, fenderish clean tone when the gain level is rolled back. From my experince, the rythem channel will start to noticably breakup when the gain is around 11 o'clock. I have been able to maintain a nice clean tone, at a micless live level by keep the gain around 10 o'clock and rolling back my guitars volume a little. If you are going to be running the amp for a long time, you may want to lower the gain level a little. From my experince, by the time the 3ed set rolls around, this beast is starting to get a little hot and a nice natural breakup. I personally like this tone, but if you dont, like I said you could jsut roll back your gain a bit, or depending on your guitar, you may be able to roll it off your volume pot (my les paul will).

The lead channel is amazing in my opinion. I play alot of classic rock and blues like zeppelin and gnr and I can nail a varity of tones easily. The amp can go from a mild Page type od, to a heavier, smooth slash type tone all the way to a pretty nasty metal tone. If you are planning on playing really distorted, an od pedal goes a long way with this amp. If you let this thing warm up for 30 mins, she will just scream.

Both channels share a 3 band active EQ. This means that your eq will change depending on the volume of the amp. If you set your eg, then raise or lower your amps volume, your tone will change. This takes a little getting use to, but really comes in handy when youre trying to play at low levels. Itll let you achive a great tone, even in a bedroom setting. There is also a 10dB boost function, which is great when playing with a band. With one flick of a switch, your solos will scream through the mix. Trust me, 10dB is loud! I never put the boost level control past 12 o'clock when playing live.

This amp takes pedals really well. I sometimes use a MXR ZW-44 od on the rythem channel to get an awesome, light blues/rock tone. Becauce the eq is shared between both channels, I typically run a MXR 10 band eq through the effects loop for the od channel. The direct out is awesome for micing the amp in large venues.

I generally play a les paul and tele (sig) through this beast, and both can get some awesome tones. My les paul is my main guitar. This amp responds very well to volume and tone pot adjustments on the guitar. When I switch between the two guitars, the push/pull pots are great. I usually pull the pots out with the les paul, to get some extra treble, and puch them in with the tele, to balance the treble.

I replaced the stock sovtek tubes within a month with a full set of Groove 12ax7's and 6l6's. I noticed a drastic improvement in the tone of this amp. I would highly recommend retubbing this amp asap.

I only have two complaints about the amp. 1. Im not a huge fan of the reverb. I find it makes the amp sound too trebly. 2. The stock speaker sucks. Im planning on replacing mine with a WGS G12C soon.

The 72' also has an added tremelo effect. Im not sure what thats like, I havenet gotten the chance to try it.

Overall, I would highly recommend this amp to anyone. In my opinion, it is a very versitle amp, that has a lot of gret feature, and takes pedals well. A great "bang for the buck". I would suggest picking up a good eq.

I hope I was able to help,

Cheers,

SP
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps: