I'm not ranting here, but what's with the surge of band names recently that all sound...I'm not sure?
Examples:
-The Contortionist
-Intervals
-Fractals
-TesseracT
-Elitist
-Structures

You see where I'm going with this?
It's just pretty interesting, dude, that's all.
</kindofrant>
wut
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned for respecting my opinion and politely disagreeing.
You're probably the most respectful person in the Pit.
All the more common cool-sounding words have been taken, and inventing a cool-sounding phrase is harder because dictionaries don't list them.
yup.
-volumes
-constellations
-the helix nebula
-orbs
-aristeia
-limit zero
-entities
-ceruleus
-allius

They just have this certain sound to them.
You seem to be hovering around the same (roughly) genre.

I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
What? Cool words as band names? What in the name of...
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by benonbass1
I want to start a metalcore band called "Verb the Noun".

I'm gonna start a country/blues/oldies band called "Some Guy and the Other People."
Quote by benonbass1
I want to start a metalcore band called "Verb the Noun".

You're late to the joke, the realization, the trend, and the actual naming of the band.
Last edited by blake1221 at Feb 8, 2012,
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
I'm gonna start a country/blues/oldies band called "Some Guy and the Other People."

nice!

i think i'll start a dubstep 'crew' and call ourselves "crackhead and the goons"
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
you gotta do the Weekend Nachos method of coming up with a band name. Sit around with a friend and combine funny words.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
you gotta do the Weekend Nachos method of coming up with a band name. Sit around with a friend and combine funny words.

And get Patrick Stump to do guest vocals.
Well, since everybody and their brother has been ripping off Meshuggah, it sounds like everyone's trying to be esoteric and mystical.

Little do they know they just sound like idiots.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by jakesmellspoo

Or the Newspaper Method, grab a newspaper and start pointing to random words.
Don't get me wrong though, some of these bands are actually pretty good.
Quote by blake1221
And get Patrick Stump to do guest vocals.

who is dat? never heard of him before...
All band names sound better when reformatted as "<frontman> and the <bandname>s"

Examples:
- Robert Plant and the Led Zeppelins
- Anthony Kiedis and the Chili Peppers
- Matt Bellamy and the Muses
- Noel Gallagher and Liam Gallagher and the Oases
- Iggy Pop and the Iggy and the Stoogeses
- John Lennon and Paul McCartney and George Harrison and the Beatle
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by McTodd
All band names sound better when reformatted as "<frontman> and the <bandname>s"

- John Lennon and Paul McCartney and George Harrison and the Beatle

So, I kinda just spit all over my computer screen, and now I have to clean that off.
Why? Take This to Your Grave and From Under the Cork Tree are solid albums. Plus, all of them were in hardcore bands prior to FOB, and Andy Hurley is now in a band called Enabler that is pretty badass.
Quote by blake1221
Why? Take This to Your Grave and From Under the Cork Tree are solid albums. Plus, all of them were in hardcore bands prior to FOB, and Andy Hurley is now in a band called Enabler that is pretty badass.

He really only listens to metal and got into powerviolence and hardcore when we roomed together at Rutgers New Brunswick.

It's difficult to explain why, he's just a ridiculous person. A few examples of ridiculous behavior/traits: drinking Nyquil recreationally, having little hands, looking like a caveman, looking like the Seth Putnam, thinking he lived the squatter life cuz he slept on a hotel roof, his car, and a sidewalk during Maryland Death Fest.

he's a character
Quote by jakesmellspoo
He really only listens to metal and got into powerviolence and hardcore when we roomed together at Rutgers New Brunswick.

It's difficult to explain why, he's just a ridiculous person. A few examples of ridiculous behavior/traits: drinking Nyquil recreationally, having little hands, looking like a caveman, looking like the Seth Putnam, thinking he lived the squatter life cuz he slept on a hotel roof, his car, and a sidewalk during Maryland Death Fest.

he's a character

Little hands?
To my knowledge all cavemen had large hands.

Also, there's a boatload of album covers dealing with space-related things.
This probably isn't a new fad at all though.
Quote by Falseglory
I'm not ranting here, but what's with the surge of band names recently that all sound...I'm not sure?
Examples:
-The Contortionist
-Intervals
-Fractals
-TesseracT
-Elitist
-Structures

You see where I'm going with this?
It's just pretty interesting, dude, that's all.
</kindofrant>

It's because they're all djent bands, a good majority of djent band names are math-related.

Intervals are spans of numbers, time, etc.
Fractals are math-related sets that make cool patterns.
Tesseracts are 4-dimensional cubes:

Last edited by RPGoof at Feb 8, 2012,