Hey guyz,

I have 1 year experience in electric guitar and 9 years experience in acoustic guitar. I started playing some famous riffs and songs, and now I want to establish a certain style to my playing. I like Mark Tremonti style very much, and wanna know the basics and techniques he uses in his playing. I have already covered blackbird song completely.So, I'm looking forward to develop my guitar skills like him. Replies are highly appreciated. thnx
Alter Bridge are overrated.

Discuss.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
It's not like there are any lessons from the guy on youtube or anything.

No wait, there are.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Drop tune to Z and chug all nite

And be able to finger pick chords while bending your fingers backwards over each other.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
Finger picking, three note per string diatonic scales, alternate picking, hybrid picking. And not that it's a technique but he uses a lot of open timings which you being an acoustic player most likely already know about. DADADD is probably one of his faves. And f
* and for the record, I wouldnt post things like this in the pit as you get crappy answers like from above.
Learn open tunings. Open D and G mainly.

Get some speed in your hands. Like, lots of it.

Work on your phrasing.

Learn modes.
Keys like d major has a tremonti feel . Use them. Learn to play melodic clean tone stuff.

Keep the choruses heavydistorted but still warm. Check out his strumming patterns

dont be ashamed to show your bluesier side.

To sound like tremonti you need to have a strong melodic foundation while writing songs

As for the awesome solos . Steal his legato licks. Works for me every time.

Ultimately strike a nice balance between your melodic riffs and the heavy riffs.

dont use edgy tones. A nice warm clean tone and in your face distortion tone which should sound sweet to the ears.

This guy places listenable stuff. Hes my favorite.

Use alternate tunings . You can churn out beautiful clean tone melodies from daddd tuning. Even drop d is good.

thats it. Enjoy.
Keys like d major has a tremonti feel . Use them. Learn to play melodic clean tone stuff.

Keep the choruses heavydistorted but still warm. Check out his strumming patterns

dont be ashamed to show your bluesier side.

To sound like tremonti you need to have a strong melodic foundation while writing songs

As for the awesome solos . Steal his legato licks. Works for me every time.learn his licks.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING . EVOLVE. KEEP ON LEARNING NEW TECHNIQUES FROM HYBROD PICKING TO ADVANCED FINGER STYLLE.

Ultimately strike a nice balance between your melodic riffs and the heavy riffs.

dont use edgy tones. A nice warm clean tone and in your face distortion tone which should sound sweet to the ears.

This guy places listenable stuff. Hes my favorite.

Use alternate tunings . You can churn out beautiful clean tone melodies from daddd tuning. Even drop d is good.

thats it. Enjoy.
TS literally hasn't done anything on UG since his last post in this thread a year ago.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Okay Jacob. We heard you the first time.

'that's it'?

I like it, as if that's all there is to it.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

I'd say start by listening to all of his stuff, including his new solo stuff, it's great and has a lot of cool parts in it. If you listen to the way he plays then it's sure to make you play a certain way. Then learn some of his riffs, like the one from White Knuckles or Isolation and try to perfect them, you'll start to get a feel for his playing. I'd also start listening to his solos and taking bits you like from them, little licks here and there. Try to make them your own also. Learn them off and be able to play them over different chords in different keys, then you'll be able to use them in any situation. Finally, go on YouTube, he has a lot of free video lessons you can watch where he talks about scales, licks, riffs and lots of other things too. If you need more go on his website, Fret12, you can buy his lessons on his DVDs and he also has an AB one out I think.

Hope this helps!

yeah, that'll help
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect