What would you buy for the same price? The ESP is 2 years old and pretty beat up. It could have a little worn frets and some scratches and the LTD is new.

Is the diffrence between them even noticable to risk buying used from ebay?
Get the ESP. They're better in every way. If the frets are worn, that can be sorted out pretty cheaply. I got a quote for a fret level, crown and polish for £60 for my explorer.

Trust me, its worth the risk.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
^ +1

*EDIT* unless u want the extra frets, cause i think the esp has 2 less
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Get the ESP.

If you get the LTD, you will kick yourself in the ass once you realize what you could have had.

The LTD looks good and has a lot of cool features, but ESP's are on a whole 'nother level entirely.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Feb 8, 2012,
The EC-1000 is a solid gigging guitar without a doubt, well worth the price new. You can get them used for around $400 which is incredible for what you're getting.

But get the ESP
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
ESP. i played several examples of both models side by side when I was choosing mine (the cost difference made me carefully consider the LTD), and the ESP's were better. hands down. they played better, sounded better and were far more consistent.

unless the ESP is really beat to hell (how beat can a 2 year old guitar be?), there is no way that the LTD would be as good
Just to hammer it further, ESP.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
the esp is the shit...Im getting an MIJ Jackson and the previous owner put 85/81 in it just ordered it with a 30w vypyr.
Quote by N1K156
the esp is the shit...Im getting an MIJ Jackson and the previous owner put 85/81 in it just ordered it with a 30w vypyr.

And...........
Quote by T7E
And...........

LOL.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Get an used EC-1000 for cheaper and try it out first. I'm sure there are a huge bunch of them floating around CL or ebay. If you really like it then consider to go down the upgrade road later on for a mint or brand new Eclipse. That would be my advice.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Feb 9, 2012,
would depend on how worn the frets are. I recently got a great guitar, but the frets are dooone - gotta get it refretted. Now that is a tad bit pricy.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
I'd just as soon buy a sandwich on ebay as I would a guitar. The ESP is probably good but you really, really should play a guitar before buying it.