Don't know if there's a thread yet but didn't see one.

http://www.grammy.com/news/the-beach-boys-to-reunite-at-54th-grammy-awards

The Beach Boys — Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston, and David Marks, who have not performed together live in more than two decades — will reunite on the GRAMMY stage and join current GRAMMY nominees Foster The People and Maroon 5 for a special performance.

FTP and M5 suck but still WOO YEAH WOOOOO
I'd much rather spend a year only hearing Pumped Up Kicks on repeat that ever hear a single Beach Boys song ever again.

If you're going to create a mainly vocal based group, make sure your voices are all annoying as ****.

I will try not to say anything else. I could rage on this topic (Why the Beach Boys suck) for a while.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
the beach boys suck?
i think they have very good harmonies and melodies!
they created a very cool sound and were pretty original, unlike 95% of the 'music' these days
Quote by toine
the beach boys suck?
i think they have very good harmonies and melodies!
they created a very cool sound and were pretty original, unlike 95% of the 'music' these days

Just so you know, 95% of the music in the 60s was unoriginal and bland, too. You just don't hear about it because...it was unoriginal and bland and didn't survive.

By the way, can I come to your 14th birthday party?
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
Just so you know, 95% of the music in the 60s was unoriginal and bland, too. You just don't hear about it because...it was unoriginal and bland and didn't survive.

By the way, can I come to your 14th birthday party?

are you talking to me?
Quote by snipelfritz
I'd much rather spend a year only hearing Pumped Up Kicks on repeat that ever hear a single Beach Boys song ever again.

If you're going to create a mainly vocal based group, make sure your voices are all annoying as ****.

I will try not to say anything else. I could rage on this topic (Why the Beach Boys suck) for a while.

That's weird, your other posts had been leading me to the conclusion that you weren't a ****ing retard.

Nah but srsly, they're one of the top three or so groups of the '60s. I mean, the '60s weren't really a great decade as far as music goes, but still.

Quote by SkepsisMetal
I'm more looking forward to the Foos performing with Deadmau5.

Is this real life?
YEAH JOHN STAMOS!!!!!!

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by TheReverend724
I only care if they all do acid and perform all of Pet Sounds

It's the only way.
Quote by Tangerineseeker
Are you serious?!?

Dead srs. Every decade since has been better.
Quote by due 07

Meh, the 70s was pretty awful though. I'd rather listen to generic "The ..." bands of the 60s than anything that was generic in the 70s.
And the 60s had Velvet Undergound and Beatles which is already better than the 70s combined.
Quote by due 07

Well obviously that depends on a person's taste in music. But lots of great bands like The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Eric Clapton, The Animals, Bob Dylan, The Byrds, Simon and Garfunkel and many more started in the 1960s and they have had a huge success and impact!
Quote by Tangerineseeker
Well obviously that depends on a person's taste in music. But lots of great bands like The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Eric Clapton, The Animals, Bob Dylan, The Byrds, Simon and Garfunkel and many more started in the 1960s and they have had a huge success and impact!

The '70s had glam, punk of all sorts, Fleetwood Mac, the entire New York music scene, krautrock, etc etc etc.

The '60s had better pop music though. And the VU.
Awesome news in a way, but I can't help feeling that Brian Wilson doesn't want to do it. I'm sure he was interviewed recently and he said he didn't really want to be part of the Beach Boys ever again. But maybe I'm wrong.

Also, no Carl Wilson or Dennis Wilson and Mike Love is a prick.
Sleep is playing a european tour, in other news.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
That one guy still wears a lame hat.
Quote by ms elizabeth swan
somethin about 95% of 60's music sucking as well, just didnt last.

You sure about that? Iv looked up a lot of 60's music that never got popular and i seemes to like a lot of it. It could just be my personal taste in music.

Edit damn i quoted the wrong guy, this was ained at stewie swan. Im on my phone not gonna bother...
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Feb 13, 2012,
Quote by bradulator
That one guy still wears a lame hat.

That one guy is awesome! He cums funk and groove