I have a BC Rich Platinum Series Warlock I recently acquired in a trade. It's a light metallic purple color, 24 frets, reverse headstock, licensed FR with locking nut, 3 way toggle and a mini toggle I'm sure is a coil tap. The serial num is 25352 but I can't find the country of origin (I know it's undoubtedly Asian) and I'd like to know the year. Is anyone good at dating these? I'd appreciate some help!
Wait till valentine, then ask it nicely.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Make sure you use a condom
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Lol at the comments. The title IS a BIT misleading though... I thought you were trying to decide which guitar to "date" (choose)
Kiss her neck, bend her g string and whisper sweet nothings into her input jack, she'll be like putty in your hands
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
for Dating the Guitar, dont go jumping into fingering the strings, it might not like that...start with some gentle body polishing, if it has a nitro finish you can compliment it on that, lightly tweak the tuning pegs with some berry white in the background, tune it up and then slowly slowly lower your fingers to the strings right above the pickups...it might like that at this point...

I understand i might have been no help at all:P
All kidding aside, my guess would be 2002 MIK.
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
BC Rich seems to have rather...erratic dating systems, they changed the system multiple times, and I had a late '80s/early '90s Platinum Series Assassin I bought used with a serial number of 4096, which apparently doesn't exist(I had several people call me a fraud for trying to sell it for $150 with a hardshell case for this reason...cheapskates, it's a bloody bolt-on BC Rich anyways, what do you e-*shot*).

Regardless, going from this...

All B.C. Rich models, both imported and usa handmades implement this same year time date stamp and guitar production number format:

121XXXXX first digit = year of manufacture
second digit = means nothing until double-digit years get here again
third digit = quarter of manufacture
digits 4 thru 8 = production number

Current US-made B.C. Rich serial numbers follow the same year and guitar production number format. (example - serial number #24123 was the 123rd guitar made in 2004)

Your guitar would be from 2005. Probably Korean, I'm pretty sure the Platinums were Korean and the Bronzes were Chinese but I could be wrong. Cheers!
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.