Hello there.

I have had an offer for swapping my T-rex Viper(Which I rarely use) for a Danelectro Spring king. I've been looking for a reverb lately btw.
Is the Spring King worth it? Or should I just look into selling the Viper and buy a different reverb(I'm thinking Hall of Fame)?
its danelectro... my first thought is to say no...

go with a more established brand. someone like EHX or something. check out the TC electronics stuff. really cool
The Danelectro unit is pretty good, although is quite big - worth bearing in mind.

As for EHX being more "established" - they started in the late '60s (68-9?). Danelectro was formed in the 1940s and have been used by the likes of Hendrix, Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jack White and Dave Grohl...
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
The Danelectro unit is pretty good, although is quite big - worth bearing in mind.

As for EHX being more "established" - they started in the late '60s (68-9?). Danelectro was formed in the 1940s and have been used by the likes of Hendrix, Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jack White and Dave Grohl...

Except they're now mass produced shit owned by some right wing dick.
Same as a lot of manufacturers - the Spring King isn't bad. Some of the stuff is shit, sure, bur the same can be said of any of the large corporates - Fender, Marshall, Gibson, PRS.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
Same as a lot of manufacturers - the Spring King isn't bad. Some of the stuff is shit, sure, bur the same can be said of any of the large corporates - Fender, Marshall, Gibson, PRS.

Fair enough. I'd say more of Danelectro's products are shit than those other companies but I haven't played the Spring King. Obviously if the other stuff doesn't bother you and you like how it sounds you should go for it.
Quote by Polar13
Except they're now mass produced shit owned by some right wing dick.

this is my point
How many pedals aren't mass produced? Unless you go for some obscure boutique stuff what isn't? He's obviously not looking for something from the top end of town.

The Hardwire Rev7 is a good thing and in the same pricerange.
http://www.amazon.com/DigiTech-RV-7-HardWire-Stereo-Extreme-Performance/dp/B001CIZA8G
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification