Hey guys.

Well, Im trying to get some recording done today cause its my only day off, yet i find myself facing a horrible problem. Im recording with a condensor mic, trying to record a bass guitar and for the first 10 seconds of the recording everything looks good, then suddenly my track drops off about 15 dbs. I cant figure it out. Ive unplugged, and re-plugged, adjusted volumes, and placements, nothing. Has anyone had this problem, or can maybe lend me some advice as to whats going on????

Would be much appreciated!
Quote by hagstrom_9
Hey guys.

Well, Im trying to get some recording done today cause its my only day off, yet i find myself facing a horrible problem. Im recording with a condensor mic, trying to record a bass guitar and for the first 10 seconds of the recording everything looks good, then suddenly my track drops off about 15 dbs. I cant figure it out. Ive unplugged, and re-plugged, adjusted volumes, and placements, nothing. Has anyone had this problem, or can maybe lend me some advice as to whats going on????

Would be much appreciated!

So you're miking a bass speaker with a condenser mic? Are you getting any clipping befor the drop in volume?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
e7add9 I'm using audacity. I know its not the best program, but i havent had any problems with it before, been using it for about 2 years.

Quote by Paddy McK
So you're miking a bass speaker with a condenser mic? Are you getting any clipping befor the drop in volume?

Nope, havent had any clipping before it drops
Audacity is extremely buggy software, and very outdated now (a downside to being open-source is that unless enough people take to something it will always be substandard to the commercial alternatives and left in the past) - download the 30-day Reaper trial (it's unlimited, but after 30 days is up you really ought to pay the small amount for it to keep Cockos' programmers in a job!) and see if you still get the same problem when recording... that way we can at least rule out it being a problem in the software, if you get the same problem, and we only have to look into driver issues and then your hardware.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Audacity is extremely buggy software, and very outdated now (a downside to being open-source is that unless enough people take to something it will always be substandard to the commercial alternatives and left in the past) - download the 30-day Reaper trial (it's unlimited, but after 30 days is up you really ought to pay the small amount for it to keep Cockos' programmers in a job!) and see if you still get the same problem when recording... that way we can at least rule out it being a problem in the software, if you get the same problem, and we only have to look into driver issues and then your hardware.

I agree fully.