Page 1 of 3
Personally, I dig the show. I know that some people don't, though, and I never got why. So are you into it, or aren't you a fan?
The truth of all predictions is always in your hands
Quote by MakinLattes
It's boring. Once you've seen Sebastian Bach you've seen him a thousand times.

yeah...this.
Sounds like a cool idea, but after looking at the episode list, it's a bunch of the same people coming back over and over again. Guns n Roses has someone there nearly every season. I don't want to see that crap
Axelfox made a thread on it about a month back. I don't care to find it (he actually didn't delete it I think), but I'll stick with whatever it is that I said about it in that thread.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by MakinLattes
In their world metal didn't exist before 1970 or after 1995.

This. I'm just not really all that into the music that they talk about. They don't even bother to acknowledge most of the metal genre.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Yeah, the show got old fast. The same people come back two, three, sometimes more times, they only talk about bands that got started and famous before 1990 (with a few exceptions, such as Pantera and Buckcherry).

The biggest problem though, is Eddie Trunk.

He has a holier-than-thou elitist attitude. He gets fussy whenever someone has a differing opinion to his. The other two guys seem cool enough, but Eddie is just a whiny bitch. They won't even talk about extreme metal bands on the show simply because Eddie doesn't like non-clean vocals. It's not a "metal show" if you only talk about old stuff, just a video version of Rolling Stone magazine.

Just my two cents, of course.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Last edited by muffinduck01 at Feb 8, 2012,
Quote by caeser1156
They don't even bother to acknowledge most of the metal genre.

That's not true, dude. They had that guy from Godsmack on last season, as well as the guy from Buckcherry. I've seen at least one Shadows Fall t-shirt on a host at some point or another, as well as an Icarus Witch shirt. They also apparently dig Benedictum, as do I. I know it kind of sounds like grasping at straws, but they and their fans dig the music they grew up with. It's my understanding that they do dig a lot of the newer stuff, just not the KANNIBAL SLAWTERERR GRR shit that passes for metal with the kids these days.
The truth of all predictions is always in your hands
I saw it once when they were discussing some album. It was like a Youtube comment section where I was cursed to only be able to watch people have inferior opinions to mine, unable to take part.
Last edited by whalepudding at Feb 8, 2012,
Quote by RestlessAndWild
That's not true, dude... It's my understanding that they do dig a lot of the newer stuff, just not the KANNIBAL SLAWTERERR GRR shit that passes for metal with the kids these days.

Then it certainly is true.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by muffinduck01
Yeah, the show got old fast. The same people come back two, three, sometimes more times, they only talk about bands that got started and famous before 1990 (with a few exceptions, such as Pantera and Buckcherry).

He has a holier-than-thou elitist attitude. He gets fussy whenever someone has a differing opinion to his. The other two guys seem cool enough, but Eddie is just a whiny bitch. They won't even talk about extreme metal bands on the show simply because Eddie doesn't like non-clean vocals. It's not a "metal show" if you only talk about old stuff, just a video version of Rolling Stone magazine.

I prefer it that way tbh, I don't want a show where lame hosts can talk about music I actually like.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
The show feels to me like the poorly constructed idea of a couple fat, washed up man-children who started a hair band in the 80's and are trying to relive their glory days.

Also, they act so freaking stupid. They can't just discuss the music, they have to get all "into it" and liek "o man" cuz its jus sooo METAL.
Quote by whalepudding
I saw it once when they were discussing some album. It was like a Youtube comment section where I was cursed to only be able to watch people have inferior opinions to mine, unable to take part.

RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by muffinduck01

THIS!!!!! THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!!! X100000
I saw it twice, both times was a bunch of old guys talking about shitty old metal bands.
sunbather is shit
Don't like it. I actually didn't mind Eddie Trunk the couple of times I saw it, but I thought Don Jamieson was a total prick, that made it unwatchable. They seemed really arrogant and close-minded as well. And as others said, they don't even discuss stuff, they just tried to shout over each other arguing. Combine that with the guests I don't really care about, and it doesn't do much for me.
I watch it from time to time. It's not my favorite thing on TV, but it's a way to kill about an hour when it's on and I have nothing else to do.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
it's shit. they only talk about Thrash, Glam and Sabbath, Maiden and Motorhead.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by muffinduck01

I came in here to bitch about Eddie myself.
Quote by RestlessAndWild
That's not true, dude. They had that guy from Godsmack on last season, as well as the guy from Buckcherry. I've seen at least one Shadows Fall t-shirt on a host at some point or another, as well as an Icarus Witch shirt. They also apparently dig Benedictum, as do I. I know it kind of sounds like grasping at straws, but they and their fans dig the music they grew up with. It's my understanding that they do dig a lot of the newer stuff, just not the KANNIBAL SLAWTERERR GRR shit that passes for metal with the kids these days.

Still that's only the tip of the ice burg as far as the whole genre's concerned. I mean I don't expect them to go up and talk about Black Metal, or heavier Death Metal bands, and I can see why they'd ignore Metalcore for the most part. But at the same time there are some decent Metalcore bands that are making an impact, they ignore a lot of modern Prog Metal, Sludge is getting bigger with bands like Mastodon and Baroness but you'll never hear them mention either of them.

Pretty much 90% of the time they talk about nothing but 80's metal. I mean, I respect that, but there's more to metal than that.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
not a big fan of it. i especially hate how they always have these non-metal people on it (axl rose, slash) and how they call kiss a metal band. they're not.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Quote by MakinLattes
It's boring. Once you've seen Sebastian Bach you've seen him a thousand times.

Now Johann Sebastian Bach on the other hand...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Now Johann Sebastian Bach on the other hand...

Chopin was way better.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
Chopin was way better.

Pfftt. No.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The show is pretty awesome, it recognizes the only metal genres that actually matter.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I would watch if they didn't just have mainstream metal artists like Metallica or whatever, and if they didn't just have only thrash metal and hair metal shit. I wanna see a goddamn tribute to David Gold.
you're a stone fox
Quote by RestlessAndWild

Not sure if serious...
I remember they once said they can't get into the more heavier stuff because VH1 doesn't let them. Especially since it's on VH1 Classic they're only allowed to talk about older bands. Either that or Eddie Trunk just doesn't like anything outside of the 70's and 80's.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
Not sure if serious...

Pretty sure he's serious.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
Not sure if serious...

TS is either less than 14 or more than 40 years old, most likely.
It's one my favorite shows.
Quote by pwnadgebunny
not a big fan of it. i especially hate how they always have these non-metal people on it (axl rose, slash) and how they call kiss a metal band. they're not.

Well if you actually payed attention you'd realize that the show is based on HARD ROCK and heavy metal. Not just metal dude.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Last edited by shredibanez24 at Feb 8, 2012,
Quote by palm mute
Pretty sure he's serious.

Oh... Oh, dear...

Quote by theogonia777
TS is either less than 14 or more than 40 years old, most likely.

Sounds probable. If less than 14, forgiveness can be made for the lack of education. If more than 40, forgiveness is not applicable as the ignorance, despite education and years of potential wisdom, has seeped into the very foundations of the brain.

But, in any case. I lol'd.
Not really, if TS is over 40 the likelyhood that he will be into newer styles is greatly lowered. Liking a show that just has the same 5 crappy bands on it would really not be a stretch if you grew up listening to those same 5 crappy bands.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Page 1 of 3