So I got pulled over today, in my little '85 subaru gl (with a Ron Paul bumper sticker FTW).

I was speeding (apparently) going just under 30 in a 25 mph zone...I was the last car in a line of about 7, all of whome were going considerably faster. Plus, I had just come from a complete stop, so I think that the extr ~3 MPH should have been waved.

Officer: Do you know why I pulled you over?

Me: I think I may have been speeding?

Officer: Yes, you were going just under 30, do you know what the speed limit is?

Me: 25 mph.

Officer: where were you going?

Me: School

Officer: School's back that way, you just passed it.

Me: NIC, sir, I'm in college

Officer: *Looks at liscense* your 17...

Me: Yes sir, I know.

Officer: Well I'm going to let you off with a warning...care to tell me why your seatbelt isn't on?

Me: o.0...thats a good question....

Yeah, I didn't have my seatbelt on. I have been rasied to always wear it in the car, so I don't think I forgot to put it on, however, I can't specifically remeber taking it off either.

$61.50 fine for the seatbelt. If I were 18 it would be $10.00....A Measly 4 months costs me 6x the money for a seatbelt violation.

I can't afford that, and people are telling me that I should contest it.

What do?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
how can you afford to drive but not pay a $60 ticket?

also, lol @ Ron Paul
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I bet you took it off without noticing when you pulled over. I always undo my seatbelt when a car pulls over.
the contesting would be in hopes that the cop doesn't show up, and he has to prove that i didn't have my belt on.

If he doesn't show up, case gets thrown out.

If he does, and doesn't have evidence prooving beyond a shadow of a doubt that I didn't have it on, I win.

If he does, I pay my ~62 dollar fine and go on my merry way.

Edit: I was told to try the "I'm a broke college student" card and see if I can get it reduced.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by Controlpanel
the contesting would be in hopes that the cop doesn't show up, and he has to prove that i didn't have my belt on.

If he does, and doesn't have evidence prooving beyond a shadow of a doubt that I didn't have it on, I win.

Edit: I was told to try the "I'm a broke college student" card and see if I can get it reduced.

You best hope he doesn't show up.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO

I know right? that was my though as I pulled over.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by devourke
Would you have to pay court costs on top of that?

That could be anywhere from 60-200+ bucks.

Quote by Andrew C. S.
What do? Stop driving like a dumbass.

Your ofay paddy ass best be trollin'.

Last edited by -[NiL]- at Feb 8, 2012,
Not real sure where you live man, but in Ohio the cops can't pull you over unless you're going more than 5mph over the speed limit. Sounds like someone had a quota to fill.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by Controlpanel
I know right? that was my though as I pulled over.

Maybe if you weren't a Republican douche I wouldn't have pulled you over, young man.

EDIT:
Quote by shavorules42
Not real sure where you live man, but in Ohio the cops can't pull you over unless you're going more than 5mph over the speed limit. Sounds like someone had a quota to fill.

Definitely this. My dad used to work for the highway patrol. The authorities can get very lazy sometimes.
Last edited by SLEESTAK_BRO at Feb 8, 2012,
Quote by shavorules42

I'm sure they can pull you over if you only have 3 wheels and are obeying the speed limit.
Quote by devourke
I'm sure they can pull you over if you only have 3 wheels and are obeying the speed limit.

Touche
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by Controlpanel

That is false. I have had about a dozen tickets over the years that I fought. There was never an officer present and absolutely none of them were 'thrown' out. I had to pay on each and every one of them. Most were reduced to parking on the pavement.
Quote by Controlpanel

I hate to burst your bubble, but that's not the way things work. He tells the judge you weren't wearing a seat belt, the judge believes him. You say you were wearing one, the judge asks you to prove it. You have no evidence, so it's your word vs. the word of a police officer. Spoiler alert: the police officer wins.

Next time you don't want to get a ticket, don't break the law.
Last edited by Glen'sHeroicAct at Feb 9, 2012,
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Maybe if you weren't a Republican douche I wouldn't have pulled you over, young man.

whats the difference
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO

EDIT:

Definitely this. My dad used to work for the highway patrol. The authorities can get very lazy sometimes.

Libertarian....

There is a difference.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by Controlpanel
Libertarian....

There is a difference.

You're a right wing libertarian. That makes you nothing more than a joke to pretty much every other libertarian ideology.