I'm becoming a lot more perceptive of my technique as of late and notice that I tend to anchor for a split second when moving to the high strings to put my hand in place, but then I quickly remove it for some reason instead of leave it resting beneath the high E like most would do, I'd imagine they do that anyways.

I know its a bad habit but in this case is it a really bad thing and should I get over it or leave it alone since its really minor?
Anchoring is among the much more minor bad habits anyway, as long as you're relaxed and have access to all of you range of movement it doesn't matter that much anyway.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Essentially, anchoring is only bad if it's limiting your range of motion and creating tension in your wrist. I let my last two digits on my picking rest on the body of the guitar because it's the least tense way for my hand to fall. They kind of stick to the body of the guitar because of the friction, which is technically anchoring, but my range of motion is not limited and I don't have any tension from doing so, so it isn't bad.

Here's the hard and fast rule: tension is bad. Do anything you can to eliminate tension in your hands and arms.
I'd get rid of it, It was probably develop into stronger anchoring.

I'd get rid of it while it's minor.
You wanna keep all your movement if you can. + Anchoring can cause tendonitis.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
I had to learn to correct anchoring, because i started to do Hybrid Picking and even slight anchoring caused my ring/pinky finger to cramp up bad, but if i wasnt Hybrid picking the anchoring was very light and relaxed but i love the hybrid picking ability so i learned to ditch it...

Sometimes i naturally try to anchor but i give my hand a swift....NOOOO! and it learns its place again.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
I had to learn to correct anchoring, because i started to do Hybrid Picking and even slight anchoring caused my ring/pinky finger to cramp up bad, but if i wasnt Hybrid picking the anchoring was very light and relaxed but i love the hybrid picking ability so i learned to ditch it...

Sometimes i naturally try to anchor but i give my hand a swift....NOOOO! and it learns its place again.

That's pretty much my case, except I'm not much of a hybrid picker. I can do it, just haven't messed around with it enough.

I'm always there to quickly adjust my anchor, but sometimes on the higher frets of the first three strings I can't help but go for it. I'm starting to wonder if its THAT much of a bad thing because this guy on youtube named RobChappers does it sometimes when he economy picks, and he's been playing for 20+ years.

Thankfully on the side I keep my arm relaxed and don't really have a limited range of motion because of it.
Well i started getting classical guitar lessons 2 weeks ago from an absolutely ****ing crazyyyyyyy classical player who total shits on all the guitarists i've idolised over the years and he told me to anchor my pinky on the pickguard mainly as a guideline and that eventually i wont need to anchor anymore once i've become a lot better and no longer need that finger as a guideline.
Like I said, as long as there's no tension, you're fine. If there is tension, correct whatever is causing the tension and leave everything else alone.