So in the next couple of days I'm gonna be ordering the Pod HD Pro to use as my main amplifier. (Long story short: I'm tired of dealing with tubes and shit.) Now I believe you can DI this right into the house PA system for live gigs, yes? I'll probably do that for most shows, but for the shows that I need my cab for, I'll need a power amp. I'm aware that I can use the power amp from my VK head, but I'm pretty intent on selling the damn thing, so that option won't be there forever.

I know very little about amps and shit, so please help me find a suitable power amp. I don't want it to be tube driven, and since I'm only gonna run it through a single 4x12 I don't need some thousand watt beast.

I'm aware I might look retarded to somebody very knowledgeable about this shit.
Check out my band Disturbed
I've heard good things about the Carvin poweramps. I believe the one I have in mind is called the DCM200L I think they are around $200 give or take. I know some guys who use those with the AxeFX and love it.

Edit: Yup, DCM200L http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=DCM200L
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Last edited by stonyman65 at Feb 8, 2012,
The Rocktron Velocity 300 has also caught my eye. Anyone wanna weigh in?
Check out my band Disturbed
I'll go along with the Carvin option too. Personally I like Marshall power amps but I'm a bit of a Marshall freak. Hard to beat the Carvin for value for money though.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
*cough* Carvin *cough cough*

Seriously. They make awesome pro sound stuff. Their power amps are very reasonably priced for how much power you get. Especially if you don't want a tube power amp, they're hard to beat.

EDIT: Yes you can go direct into a PA with the HD pro. Just bear in mind that you'll probably want to have 2 banks of patches set up. One for when you play through a cab, and one for when you go direct into the board. You'll probably want to turn the cab modelling off when you play through your cab.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Last edited by jpatan at Feb 9, 2012,