Hey guys I need help buying a new guitar, my budget is 1000 maybe a little more if am lucky. I've been playing for almost 5 years. An tryna get the most versatile guitar that I can possibly get, from metal to blues to funk. It's needs to do it all!!! Preferably with a Floyd rose or tremolo. Used or new doesn't matter. So please feel free to give any suggestions, they will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
I would suggest an Ibanez RG Prestige. Most of them have HSH pickup config so you can get a lot of tones.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
if you want metal to funk, i would suggest you buy 2 guitars at $500 each. you can get pretty good guitars that will suit each genre much better than trying to fit one into everything. anything that "versatile" will do everything okay at best. some tones will be piss poor.

before i suggest anything though, you're going to have to give me a little more information... as in, do you already have a guitar that will suit a genre well enough? (do you have a strat for example) do you prefer some brands over others? what exactly is "metal" "blues" "funk" to you? etc
Quote by User_Name336
if you want metal to funk, i would suggest you buy 2 guitars at $500 each. you can get pretty good guitars that will suit each genre much better than trying to fit one into everything. anything that "versatile" will do everything okay at best. some tones will be piss poor.

Don't know about that, if you get a good Gibson or something it will sound great no matter what. It may not really suit everything perfectly, but the tone depends more on the amp.
Yeah I was going to say an epi or a Schecter blackjack. Depends on what kind of neck you want too. If you want thinner I'd go ibanez or a PRS even, they have awesome guitars in that price range.
Quote by stonyman65
I would suggest an Ibanez RG Prestige. Most of them have HSH pickup config so you can get a lot of tones.

+1. Get a used RG1570, and put some better pickups in it with the extra money.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeahh thanks for all the feed back, I was thinking bout LTD EC1000 fr and then switching out the emgs for something more versatile, currently I have an EPI les Paul custom it'd an alright guitar but am defiantly tryna get something better. I mostly play metal/hard rock an then blues y stuff on the side. What kinda PRS would you recommend?! I really love there stuff! How much would a custom carvin be??
The PRS SE Torrero is really cool, its got 24 frets, EMG 81 & 85, floyd rose 1000, thin neck profile, very light, very awesome. Check out any of the PRS SE's. They are all pretty solid guitars for between $500-1000.