Page 1 of 2
Hey guys I've really grown tired of having to smoke cigarettes to be happy. I've come to the conclusion that over the last 15 plus attempts to quit smoking that I get majorly depressed two days into quitting and i think everyone who wants to do this needs some support in one way or another. So what do you say pit? if your down ill put your name up in the thread and we can share tip and such on how we can kick this dependence.
On a side note this all came about after recording a song and haveing a smoke afterward and i just lost it. I smoked the thing to a cut and just threw it, then got my pack and poured gasoline on it and did a symbolic burning so i can sort of have a funeral if you will.

Lets do this UG!!!!
Quote by stealstrings
Stuff I found on the internet that I hope will motivate you guys.

Within 20 minutes: Your body begins a series of changes that continue for years. Your heart rate reduces.

12 hours: The carbon monoxide level in your blood reduces dramatically
2-12 weeks: Your heart attack risk begins to reduce. Circulation improves. Exercise is easier. Lung function improves.

1-9 months: Coughing and shortness of breath decrease.

1 year: Your risk of coronary heart disease is halved compared to a continuing smoker.

5 years: Your risk of cancer of the mouth, throat and oesophagus decreases and your risk of stroke is dramatically reduced.

10 years: Your risk of lung cancer falls to about half that of a smoker and your risk of cancers of the bladder, kidney and pancreas also decreases.

15 years: Your risk of coronary heart disease and risk of death fall to about the same as someone who has never smoked.

Appearance, vision and ageing

As an ex-smoker, you are also less likely to have:

macular degeneration
cataracts
brittle bones (that break easily)
wrinkles and look older faster
yellow teeth and bad breath.

Reproductive health

By quitting you will reduce your chances of:

impotence
having difficulty getting pregnant
having premature births, babies with low birth weights, and miscarriage.

Children's health?

If you have children, your quitting can lower their risk of:

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) - (cot death)
being smokers themselves
ear infections
allergies
asthma
bronchitis and other lung problems.

By quitting smoking you will reduce your chance of having:

cancer of the lungs, throat, mouth, lips, gums, kidneys and bladder
heart disease and hardening of the arteries
a stroke
emphysema and other lung diseases
gangrene and other circulation problems.

What are the other benefits of quitting?

Although reducing your chances of premature death and illness is important, they aren't the only benefits of quitting smoking.

Think of the money you will save by not having to buy tobacco, around $3,500 a year for a pack a day smoker!
Your costs for cleaning clothes, carpets, and furniture may go down.
Your sense of taste and smell will be enhanced.
You will enjoy your food more.
You will have more energy to do the things you love.
Exercising will be easier.
You'll feel proud of your ability to overcome something so challenging. Many smokers remember the exact day they quit because it is a source of great pride.
Cigarettes will no longer control your life.
You will be setting a great example for children and other smokers.

a_7_x
DIFTWOOD
ajaxwins
Glen'sHeroicAct
The_Sophist
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Last edited by jwax at Feb 18, 2012,
i think i'm on day 3 of not smoking. i feel like shit and i'm definitely gonna end up smoking when i have to take a train into NY on saturday. ****.
come on jake dont cave!!! you in brother? and thanks experience but the hardest part is when friends smoke its hard to keep yourself away.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.

I haven't smoked a cigarette in about 3 months. You just need to do something to get your mind off of it. A lot of people smoke as a crutch when they don't know what else to do. You just need to develop another habit that will take place of smoking. It's my opinion that people get just as addicted to the action of smoking as they do to the nicotine in a cigarette. Good luck in quitting! I'm sure you can do it.
i'm in.

kind of.

i've been in the process of quitting for a while now, but i've definitely made progress. i'm gonna do my best not to smoke on saturday, but taking the train and the subway stresses me the **** out.
I never started smoking.

I don't have insurance so i'm constantly forced to start and stop much more addicting drugs.
But it's easier when you're not given a choice.
never have smoked, but I hear it's hard to quit.

Good luck guys, you will be much better off without them!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by MonsterMetalMus
I haven't smoked a cigarette in about 3 months. You just need to do something to get your mind off of it. A lot of people smoke as a crutch when they don't know what else to do. You just need to develop another habit that will take place of smoking. It's my opinion that people get just as addicted to the action of smoking as they do to the nicotine in a cigarette. Good luck in quitting! I'm sure you can do it.

Agreed, I can handle not smoking for days on end if I'm really bust with stuff, but I can't stop myself from smoking if im just lying around my room listening to music, or walking down the street.
sigh...
when i had money i found i could replace tobacco with pot. that worked really well...

until i ran out of money and pot.
I'm in, but I'm gonna fail.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
^ That's the first step to guaranteed failure :p

If any of you want help, I quit 20 weeks ago successfully with no plans to start again. Shoot me a PM if you feel the need.
Last edited by Twist of fate at Feb 8, 2012,
right on guys, finacially think of how much money we can save. for general purpose we can say a pack is 6 bucks now a days and i have been smoking two packs a week, so over a month i've spent about 50 U.S dollars on this crap, i could have bought a good recording mic so my music didnt sound like shit or a new delay pedal. In the case of health just think of how much better mentally and physically we will feel, no chest pain and no disgusting cough, and then were not weak anymore because we no longer crutch and this crap!!! some one up there said their three months in, i bet you chest feels almost new again, eh?

Never smoked, and never intend to, but I've seen it take its toll in a huge way on my uncle's well-being, so you guys have my support. Best of luck!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Also, I know it's cliche, but I find toothpicks work well.

Sometimes I'll go a couple months without smoking, and when I do I keep toothpicks on me for when I'm just standing around outside/ whenever I would normally smoke, and just use the toothpick about the same as I would when I smoke.
sigh...
I have a bastarding cough and threw away my cigarette tonight cause I totally wasn't feeling it. I'm in.
how yall doing so far? i caved so now im back to the start

I'm at the weird stage that whenever I'm not smoking, all I want is a cigarette and whenever I start smoking a cig I feel sick and don't want to finish it.
sigh...
i havent smoked weed in... a while
gots to be cleans for job hunting
its all in your mind bro. find something else to replace it with
IM going to use gum again, i quit for like two months then i was dateing this girl and she smoked and i stole a smoke off in the morning(dont worry i didnt get any sexy time xp) that was back in october so i think its time to settle for good plus im going to sing in my band so the smokeing wont help. encaps i know where your coming from i was like that in like november and i just kept smokeing :I i hate it so much.

I'll stop.
Later. Not tonight. Having a hot date tonight. And she smokes. I wanna be cool in front of her.

I really do.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
no matter how long you quit, a smoker is always a smoker. after habitually using cigarettes you willl never be the same person.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by Harvey Swick
no matter how long you quit, a smoker is always a smoker. after habitually using cigarettes you willl never be the same person.

Funny how a lot of people quit smoking and then never smoke again.
Quote by Harvey Swick

yeh sry but no my dad started smoking in the army and quit the moment he finished his draft. never smoked again
Stuff I found on the internet that I hope will motivate you guys.

Within 20 minutes: Your body begins a series of changes that continue for years. Your heart rate reduces.

12 hours: The carbon monoxide level in your blood reduces dramatically
2-12 weeks: Your heart attack risk begins to reduce. Circulation improves. Exercise is easier. Lung function improves.

1-9 months: Coughing and shortness of breath decrease.

1 year: Your risk of coronary heart disease is halved compared to a continuing smoker.

5 years: Your risk of cancer of the mouth, throat and oesophagus decreases and your risk of stroke is dramatically reduced.

10 years: Your risk of lung cancer falls to about half that of a smoker and your risk of cancers of the bladder, kidney and pancreas also decreases.

15 years: Your risk of coronary heart disease and risk of death fall to about the same as someone who has never smoked.

Appearance, vision and ageing

As an ex-smoker, you are also less likely to have:

macular degeneration
cataracts
brittle bones (that break easily)
wrinkles and look older faster
yellow teeth and bad breath.

Reproductive health

By quitting you will reduce your chances of:

impotence
having difficulty getting pregnant
having premature births, babies with low birth weights, and miscarriage.

Children's health?

If you have children, your quitting can lower their risk of:

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) - (cot death)
being smokers themselves
ear infections
allergies
asthma
bronchitis and other lung problems.

By quitting smoking you will reduce your chance of having:

cancer of the lungs, throat, mouth, lips, gums, kidneys and bladder
heart disease and hardening of the arteries
a stroke
emphysema and other lung diseases
gangrene and other circulation problems.

What are the other benefits of quitting?

Although reducing your chances of premature death and illness is important, they aren't the only benefits of quitting smoking.

Think of the money you will save by not having to buy tobacco, around $3,500 a year for a pack a day smoker!
Your costs for cleaning clothes, carpets, and furniture may go down.
Your sense of taste and smell will be enhanced.
You will enjoy your food more.
You will have more energy to do the things you love.
Exercising will be easier.
You'll feel proud of your ability to overcome something so challenging. Many smokers remember the exact day they quit because it is a source of great pride.
Cigarettes will no longer control your life.
You will be setting a great example for children and other smokers.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Stopped smoking last Saturday. Am glad. Almost gave in tonight and thought about bummin a cancer stick when I was out with friends at a bar.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I'd join you guys, but I just bought a pack yesterday Sucks too, because I've been eating a lot healthier and exercising.
I never managed. Just bought a 20 pack cause I'm going to the library all night to study.

I think the routine is the ahrdest thing to get out of. If I never smoked on my break at work, what would I do?
Or if I never took fag-breaks when studying etc.

Or what about when I'm drinking and everyone goes out for cigarettes and stuff?

I find that the hardest.
Mmm, I'll think about it...

Edit: Oh, didn't realise this'd already been running a week

A_7_X, yeah it's the routine that's the most difficult thing for me too. I can go for days without smoking when I'm at home, because I'm not used to smoking at home. Whereas when I'm on my way to work I feel I need one, 'cause that's when I'm used to having one. Or when I'm out drinking.
Last edited by whoomit at Feb 17, 2012,
Page 1 of 2