Sorry if this went into the wrong category, I couldn't find a better one.

Anyways, hypothetically, if I was running my entire band through 8-16 track PA system, how many speaker cabs/monitors can I hook up to the board? Is there any way to increase that number?

Also, is there any way of designating individual mics/lines to speakers?

Thanks in advance.
depends which tracks you assign assign to which output on the mixer. you could have like 5 speakers, one for vocals and everything else on the other 4 of course only if the desk has enough output faders. most of the ones i've used only have a L and R output.
i'm assuming this is for live performances? if so, i'll assume the amps are gonna be micced up then played through the PA.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
It depends on which desk you're using.

Larger desks will have Auxiliary outputs, which can be used to provide monitor mixes. Each channel will have an aux level knob. You can use this to adjust the mix of each instrument to each monitor.
Quote by BledGhostWhite
Sorry if this went into the wrong category, I couldn't find a better one.

Anyways, hypothetically, if I was running my entire band through 8-16 track PA system

How the hell are you going to fit
Running? Your only hope is to crawl, and that itself is a slim chance.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Usually 8-16 channel PAs have no more than 2 output buses. You can nest multiple boards to get an unlimitted amount of control if you have enough money.

Other factors include powered (active) vs unpowered (passive) speakers and whether the board is powered or not.

Unpowered boards will give you greater flexibility. Active speakers help, too, but even if you're using passive speakers, you can power them from seperate power amps--you don't have to have a powered board.

If you're ready to actually start buying stuff, I'd recommend contacting Ryan Sloan at Sweetwater (1-800-222-4700). He can match your needs with your budget. He was a big help for me when I had questions and he matched me with the best bang for the buck. They don't always carry what I want, but when they do, I go through them because they have outstanding customer service and post-sale support. And I've never had any problems with anything I've bought from them.
LOL putting an entire band through a PA. Judging from the size of the mixing console you're looking at, you'll need something pretty powerful, especially for the drums alone. But no, if you want to record, let's say a 5 piece band, then you'll need to have atleast 8-12 inputs and atleast 5 monitors, which means atleast 7or 8 outputs (Main out and Aux). That doesn't even begin to cover external effects like reverb, parametric EQ and compressors/gates.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.