I have my Epi 56 Goldtop on kijiji for trade and someone messaged me wanting to trade for a "Celebrity Deluxe CS 255" 12 String Ovation guitar..

I can't seem to find much info on this, and the little bit I do find the guitar seems to ONLY come in sunburst and not the color shown in the pic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I asked for the S/N and am awaiting reply from the guy..

This is the picture the guy sent me, the 12 string ovation clearly visible.. I'm skeptical because it seems this guy is willing to trade a (from what I can find) $750 guitar for a $300 one.. Seems iffy.

EDIT: He just emailed me the serial number, but according to the 'crack the code' thing on Ovations site this guitar doesn't exist, unless he didn't put a space or forgot a number or something

Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf at Feb 8, 2012,
Looks like it may be an older model, the pre amp is different than the one on Ovation's page - any chance of calling Customer Support and asking them?
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I just emailed them the serial number asking to tell me about the guitar, so for now I guess I just got to wait until they reply. That is unless someone here can help me
Quote by MetalGS3SE

bump.. Still nothing from the company, hoping someone can help?
Quote by MetalGS3SE