So I've using a cherry red squier for about 2 years, and now I have the chance to buy a new one.
My budget is around 400$ because I dont have a job and thats all I was able to collect.
I like melo-death, almost all kinds of metal, progressive and that kind of stuff.
I know the type of music im describing does not go well with the squier I've been using, but thats why I need a new guitar.

I use a rolland cube 30x.
I need a guitar with a vivid sound and crunchiness at the same time, some people have told me to buy an schecter, are they as good as people say?, what guitar should I buy?, also Im looking the neck to be like the one on the squier.

P.D. sorry if i am not expressing my self clearly.

Music is life..
Schecters are cheap if you're in the US. If you're not in the US, they're totally overpriced.

Either way, Schecters are very, very average guitars imo.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I play a Schecter through a 30x Cube, and it's perfect for it. I play the same kinda stuff as you. I also run a Boss Blues Driver for solos, and a Zoom G1X for extra tones. But even without them, the setup is worth it's money for sure.
if you looked used you might be able to grab some nice. i just got a ltd 400 series for $300, kinda beat up..but worth it to me.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by BledGhostWhite
I play a Schecter through a 30x Cube, and it's perfect for it. I play the same kinda stuff as you. I also run a Boss Blues Driver for solos, and a Zoom G1X for extra tones. But even without them, the setup is worth it's money for sure.

what schecter are you using?

Also im out of the US so thats why I want to see if it is worth it xD

About the used guitar idea, i dont think thats gonna happen but thanks.
Quote by richi223

With a budget of 400 going only new is extremely foolish. The used market opens you up to FAR better possibilities.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

a used guitar gives it some character haha. pretty much the same guitar that hetfield used except for the headstock.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Feb 9, 2012,
Quote by valennic
With a budget of 400 going only new is extremely foolish. The used market opens you up to FAR better possibilities.

Im not getting a used guitar because I live in Panama and theres no used market here, and shipping a guitar its expesive here, thats why im only looking for new ones.
Quote by richi223

Yeah, I'm in Canada. I spent about $600 for a Solo 8 Radiation. They don't make them anymore, but I definitely recommend Schecters. Except the Omen series.
A new Schecter for under $400 is hard to get anywhere (at least the good Schecters). ESP/LTD do a few guitars in that sort of price range, but again they're not terribly good.

If you didn't mind getting a guitar with a thinner neck, there are a few Ibanez models that might suit you.

If you definitely want to stick to a guitar with a neck like your Squier but you can't buy second hand and your budget is limited, why not modify the Squier? You could get a pickguard cut for humbuckers and buy some nice pickups to go in it. That would give you a new, heavier tone with more power without costing much and it would feel the same as before. Or if you don't want to - or can't - get a new pickguard, you can buy pickups from DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan that are humbuckers in the same size as a normal single coil. Those will also give you a much more powerful tone, better for metal, and it'd cost a lot less than getting a new guitar and swapping pickups is really easy.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
A new Schecter for under $400 is hard to get anywhere (at least the good Schecters). ESP/LTD do a few guitars in that sort of price range, but again they're not terribly good.

If you didn't mind getting a guitar with a thinner neck, there are a few Ibanez models that might suit you.

If you definitely want to stick to a guitar with a neck like your Squier but you can't buy second hand and your budget is limited, why not modify the Squier? You could get a pickguard cut for humbuckers and buy some nice pickups to go in it. That would give you a new, heavier tone with more power without costing much and it would feel the same as before. Or if you don't want to - or can't - get a new pickguard, you can buy pickups from DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan that are humbuckers in the same size as a normal single coil. Those will also give you a much more powerful tone, better for metal, and it'd cost a lot less than getting a new guitar and swapping pickups is really easy.

I dont mind to much if the neck is thinner or a little bit bigger, are schecter's neck thinner?

what do you think about a damien 6 and the omen extreme 6? they are on my price range and I can buy them here for the same price
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-omen-extreme-6-electric-guitar
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-damien-6-electric-guitar/513102000974000
My brother has played a damien for years without a problem.. seems to be a solid guitar build wise.. and a schecter neck will be a bit thicker
Last edited by halfj06 at Feb 10, 2012,