As the title may have indicated you, I do NOT recommend Samson.

I purchased two PAs(Samson Auro D210) just a week ago, and right now, just a week later one is malfunctioning.

It makes a huge noise with all it's power when I turn it on, I hear like when you move the dial of an AM radio. It even picks some radio signals. I have tried to contact the support but no response.

I got these at my local store and after this really bad experience I came determined to write reviews in my favorite sites, like musiciansfriend, or guitarcenter but to my surprise they do not sell Samson, this just made me think Samson doesn't even get to the minimum quality required by these stores.

so... now you know what you can expect, hopefully I save you your time, money and reputation.
Samson is like Behringer ins my experience. Quality control is an issue. Sometimes its a great product, other times its defective as hell. These guys need to learn some Six Sigma in their plants.
Quote by FireHawk
Samson is like Behringer ins my experience. Quality control is an issue. Sometimes its a great product, other times its defective as hell. These guys need to learn some Six Sigma in their plants.

True. I got a great Samson Active Stereo DI BOX ($30), but I had to send the first one back because the battery contact fell apart at the first battery change. Sure, it would have been an easy fix, but I didn't want to void the warranty.

B&H Photo and Sweetwater both carry Samson, so it's not a crappy brand. B&H let me order a replacement and return the original, so I had a good one in a couple days instead of having to wait for an exchange.
The only Samson microphones I've used are the ones that come with the Samson Drum Mic Kit. For the record, I borrowed them. I'm glad, because you couldn't pay me to buy them (what?), I mean, I would never buy them.

I only ended up using 2 of the "tom mics" on the kit, the rest were all substituted with much better microphones.

I somehow didn't catch it at first, but in post, the tom microphones sounded like complete garbage. That is, I'm pretty sure a casual listener would have been able to pick up that the toms sounded like cardboard.

These were nice toms, too. Tuned very well, microphones positioned correctly, very reliable XLR's running to the microphones.

Now, all of that being said, I'm not about to judge Samson on the secondary microphones in a budget kit. Although, I have used the others in the past. They're pretty mediocre.

What I'd like to do is try out some of their 'high end' models. Does anyone know what they specialize in? Dynamics? Condensers? I'm sure they can deliver on that end...

edit - @FireHawk: I agree about Behringer. I purchased a simple mixer from them. Thing was dead in about a year. For that year, though, it worked beautifully.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Last edited by BassFishin at Feb 9, 2012,
FWIW, I've got a Samson Q7 mic that I much prefer to my SM58 - But other than that, all other Samson stuff I've tried was pretty poor quality.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by FireHawk
I got a Samson shockmount spider mount I use on one of my lower end mics that works nice :p

I'd say durability is an area where Samson succeeds...except that, of the three Samson mic kits I've either used or seen, the tom mic clips are almost always broken. I mean, I take care of mine, but they're so flimsy that I can see how one could easily break them.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Quote by BassFishin
What I'd like to do is try out some of their 'high end' models. Does anyone know what they specialize in? Dynamics? Condensers? I'm sure they can deliver on that end...

edit - @FireHawk: I agree about Behringer. I purchased a simple mixer from them. Thing was dead in about a year. For that year, though, it worked beautifully.

I wouldn't use them for mics. For dynamics, I like Sure. For condensers, I like sE.

I've only had my Behringer mixer for less than a year. It's a simple 5-channel with no sliders. No problems with it yet. My Behringer keyboard amp developed crackling issues right as the GC extended warranty was about to run out. They just sent a brand new replacement. No problems with it yet.