Page 1 of 3
Since Sunday, people in my area have created meme pages on Facebook for their universities, where everyone submits various memes about various things about their campus that only the students of said institution would understand. I first found these pages with only a couple views, but in a few days, nearly half the student body "liked" it. It kind of bugs me, as a lot of the people that don't understand it try to make memes, and they make no sense, but at the same time there's been some golden output as well.

Is this limited to my area or is this a widespread thing?
Widespread thing. Nailin it too.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Happening everywhere. Was funny for a few seconds but became boring.
It's essentially what most of us talk about on campus anyways, but instead of "man does that lecture hall have bad seats", it's now "lecture hall, Y U NO HAVE GOOD SEATS?!"

Basically all of the memes featured on these (or on my university's rendition anyways) are rehashed conversations we've already had many times.
It's been all up on my facebook.

OU memes are not funny.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I's all over my facebook and its getting really annoying, especially considering that most of them are pretty universal and apply to all colleges.
Quote by Picklelerner
I's all over my facebook and its getting really annoying, especially considering that most of them are pretty universal and apply to all colleges.

Pretty much this. Every university student suffers from bad seats, fatty foods, girls with unibrows and teachers that smell like rotten ovaries. The only thing that separates each page are the names of the halls/locations.
I have to say, my school has some...unique quirks, so the memes stand pretty well.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Was just about to make this thread. Ever bro on campus who didn't know what a meme was until last week is posting these like crazy. It's really annoying. Especially considering most of the meme pics came straight from 4chan.
Last edited by BurningStarlV at Feb 9, 2012,
yea, same here at Maryland. My roommate kept showing me them like they are the greatest invention on earth.
Just saw the ones for my uni. There's potential for some funny ones but most are pretty generic.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Happening everywhere. Was funny for a few seconds but became boring.
It's essentially what most of us talk about on campus anyways, but instead of "man does that lecture hall have bad seats", it's now "lecture hall, Y U NO HAVE GOOD SEATS?!"

Basically all of the memes featured on these (or on my university's rendition anyways) are rehashed conversations we've already had many times.

What university?
i noticed one for the University of Sydney, none for other unis yet though
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
York
inb4 fork York

What about you?

ohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoho

not going right now, was going to be u of t though.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
ohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoho

not going right now, was going to be u of t though.

I have friends that go there. Seems fairly awesome.
York has a good film program so I've decided to stay here.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

Are you a film student?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

Yeah, I have a lot of friends who go there. Full of hipsters and asians though.

I'm so tempted to mock you. Oh well, at least you don't go to Ryerson.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Yup yup.

I'd be interested in scoring your projects if you have anything like that coming up. Let me know if this is a possibility.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Nah go ahead and mock it if you want. It's shocking and confusing how some people even made it in.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I'd be interested in scoring your projects if you have anything like that coming up. Let me know if this is a possibility.

Damn! Will do. thanks man.
I'm kind of experiencing 8 1/2 at the moment. Stuck in limbo. I'm wanting to start my first major short this summer and try to get it into festivals and whatnot. I'd love to have additional help! I'll let you know. Thank you again.
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Feb 9, 2012,
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Nah go ahead and mock it if you want. It's shocking and confusing how some people even made it in.

My heart isn't in knocking York. Ryerson has a building on top of a fucking Crappy Tire. They deserve the full brunt of my hate.
We like to pay out the other 'Uni' (supertafe) in town because we're an elitist bunch...

Found in the Male bathrooms.

KEdit: And from a Lecturer:
Lecturer: 'There's no such thing as a stupid question, I mean if you were all really stupid, you'd be attending UniSA.'
Last edited by KTFM at Feb 9, 2012,
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

Damn! Will do. thanks man.
I'm kind of experiencing 8 1/2 at the moment. Stuck in limbo. I'm wanting to start my first major short this summer and try to get it into festivals and whatnot. I'd love to have additional help! I'll let you know. Thank you again.

I'll send you some portfolio stuff next week so you can get an idea of what can work.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Thrashtastic15
My heart isn't in knocking York. Ryerson has a building on top of a fucking Crappy Tire. They deserve the full brunt of my hate.

Could be worse. Could be the kleenex box and pencil crayons OCAD's made out of.
Memes can be genuinely funny when they identify a weird niche in popular culture but the people who miss the point and use them as a springboard for their own material annoy the hell out of me.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Could be worse. Could be the kleenex box and pencil crayons OCAD's made out of.

I believe the pencil crayons for colouring in the pictures for your textbook are covered by Brock when you go there.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I believe the pencil crayons for colouring in the pictures for your textbook are covered by Brock when you go there.

The thing about York is they accept a lot of students, smart and dumb, and they purposely kick our asses in first year to weed all of the bad students out. I know all universities do this to some degree but York's vicious about it since they're far more willing to accept more students (even with low marks). Easy money for York, I guess. Easy to get in, harder to make it through.
My first and second year film classes are packed to the brim. My third year classes are tiny. It's scary how many people have been knocked off. Probably like this everywhere, though.
Ugh there was this awesome meme someone made a few months ago when it rained really hard and each faculty got flooded in a different way. I've been looking for it for the last half hour even though I have a test really soon and this is going to bug ^me forever if I can't find it
cat
Nope. My uni, Keee, has two. Must be the only uni that's that disorganised to have two.

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/2/8/06413c5a-6f24-4f22-b963-2557c627b157.jpg

Keele have a huge rivalry with Staffordshire "University".
Last edited by boreamor at Feb 9, 2012,
The only ones I like are the ones that use actual photos from around campus. Then they're funny (to the students of the school)

But if I see one more fucking Dos Equis guy or "Y U NO" I'll explode
Quote by TOMMYB22
i noticed one for the University of Sydney, none for other unis yet though

U of Melb has got it, mainly just about engineering being a sausage fest.

Ala:

No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
the wangalier is something only salford sudents will get. 100,000 of our money spent on a chandalier in university house, we got shafted
To be fair, a lot of the jokes that go around Adelaide Uni would only be understood by Adelaide Uni students because attendees of Uni SA or Flinders wouldn't be smart enough to get them.

/Adelaide Uni elitism.

But seriously Adelaide Uni is best Uni.
Page 1 of 3