I have a Rogue GS-100r combo amp that I traded for a skateboard ramp. The problem is this is the first time I've had an amp with an A/B input. I've simply just plugged my guitar into either of the inputs and no sound would come out. The only way i could get any sound is if i plugged a pedal into the effects loop and just plugging my guitar into the pedal. I haven't used this amp in almost a year because I got a better amp but I still want to put this amp to use. Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if it's something wrong inside the amp any advice is helpful thanks!!
What you've done is bypass the preamp. Therefore something is dead in the preamp. If it was a tube amp I'd tell you how to identify the dead tube. This is a SS amp though isn't it? In which case it requires a lot more to diagnose the exact fault.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
ya it is solid state. i opened it up a while and back because one of the pots fell in and i fixed it back in postion but the wires were all connected just fine. What would i have to look for are there any obvious signs that something is messed up?
Quote by Br@ndNew
shoulda kept the ramp,they get killer cleans!

I actually got the ramp back when my neighbors moved haha it was a win win
Apart from looking for things that are obviously scorched or wires that have come adrift there's not a lot else you can do unless you have some pretty decent tech skills and know what you are doing. SS amp faults are a pita to diagnose.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification