Page 1 of 2
Whats yours? I have been running of of 3-5 hours of sleep the past week and i have practice twice a day and it starting to take a toll. every time i try to go to sleep i am really energized. What can i do?
try rubbing oil all over your chest and thighs. I dunno it works for me
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean
try rubbing oil all over your chest and thighs. I dunno it works for me

not sure if trolling?
Exercise more always helps me. I sleep 4 to 8 hours a night. Pretty erratic.

Quote by TheAbsentOne
Mine's really messed up.

I end up sleeping from like 6-7 AM until nighttime.. Really need to fix that.

Okay Nosferatu. Jesus.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Last edited by kaptkegan at Feb 9, 2012,
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Mine's really messed up.

Jesus. One day you'll wake up from a nightmare at noon, spring upright from waking up and have the sun blind you worse than ever before. It will be a terrible experience.
M-F 6am-2am for me, got to love those university morning classes!

Suggestions to help you sleep.....Would if I had any, pass some my way if you get any good ones lo.
Sleep? What's that?

2-5:30 on weekdays and 5-11 on weekends
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Feb 9, 2012,
whatever time you want to start your "new morning" at, or the time you WANT to start waking up daily, make sure your ass is awake, do some stretching or some shit, get some light and food in you at that time no matter how dead you are. Pull an all nighter that day if you have to. it's all about "resetting", and the human body wakes up with sunlight and food.
for the last 5 years or so ive slept 2-3 hours a night(sometimes not at all)

i sometimes i feel like im going to drop dead any minute now

but if you want to go to sleep
eh who am i kidding i got no advice thats worked for me
But srsly, I find that waking up at the same time every day no matter when you sleep helps with getting tired at night. I haven't figured the sleeping bit yet though.
cat
Anytime from 11:30PM to 5AM is when I get to sleep. It usually takes a few hours in bed before I can successfully nod off.
Quote by kaptkegan
Exercise more always helps me. I sleep 4 to 8 hours a night. Pretty erratic.

Okay Nosferatu. Jesus.

I'm practically nocturnal now.

I even tried staying up for 48 hours to "reset" myself. Come night time, guess who gets really energetic and still can't fall asleep until the next morning? Yep

I even avoided any type of caffeine for that time. Nyquil doesn't even help
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Mine's really messed up.

Me too.

The last 2 weeks I've been falling asleep at around 8am, and then have to wake up around noon for a couple hours to go to class/work, and then come back and sleep till 9-10pm...

This is the most fucked up as I've ever been.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I remember having really fucked up sleep patterns when I was in school too. And with that came a seemingly non-stop onslaught of sickness. Nowadays, I go to bed around 12a-1a, and wake up at 8am. The only bad thing is that I get wrecked if I stray away from that routine by more than 2 hours.
1. Go to be around 10:00 PM
2. Get to sleep around midnight or later.
3. wake up at 6.

"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I work the night shift. So I sleep from 8am to about 6pm. Up the rest of the day.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
I've filled my pillow with lavender and hops, and it seems to help. They're both sedatives and put me in a sleepy mood pretty much immediately, otherwise my legs will feel absurdly energetic and my brain will race for hours thinking nonsense as fast as it can.

Also I've started running around outside staring at bright surfaces just after I wake up, so my brain remembers that's when it's meant to be awake. That might have helped a bit as well.
Last edited by whalepudding at Feb 9, 2012,
mine's ****ed up. i end up getting tired around 11pm and wake up at 7:30am. it sucks. i wish i could stay awake longer but daddy keeps dosing me.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I generally don't get the chance to sleep a lot, so I'm happy when it's 6-8 hours of sleep.
i work nights so i sleep during the day. on my days off i change to sleeping at night. it was a drag at first but i've gotten used to it
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
I sleep from midnight (24) to 8 during weekdays (longer if I don't have class at 9). Weekends depends if I go out how late I go to bed, but I wake up at 10-11.

Tonight I might get only sleep for 0 or max 4 hours as I have to write 1500 words and have to look up what to write in them.+ make some figures, correct the other 3000 words. Plus I have to prepare a meeting, for which no one has sent me the stuff I need yet. FML.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Feb 9, 2012,
last night I went to bed at 130. woke up late at 730 (I'd planned to get up at 6 to get things done before the day started). thankfully my 8 o clock was cancelled.
#DTWD
Anywhere from midnight-2 until 8 or 10 depending on the day.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Try the student sleep pattern.

4/5 hours sleep at night followed by a 2/3 hour siesta in the afternoon. It feels great.

I'd rather have 1 long sleep than 2 small ones.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Well, today I woke up at 2 pm and slept yesterday (?) at 9 am. My sleep schedule is way, way too flexible. Some days I don't get sleep at all, other days I'm nocturnal, and on some days I sleep for 16 - 18 hours.
I average about 4.30-5am until 8-8.30am. Some days I'll get an extra few hours til 10 or so, they are bliss.
Girlfriend in Canada > 5 hours behind difference > sleeping pattern is ****ed.
I hate having another sleep in the afternoon as a "top up" as it doesn't refresh me at all, and I just end up really confused.
Well, as a chronic insomniac, let me tell you some things I do to reset my system if I get off track with a bout of insomnia

- All nighter then try to stay awake until like 8 or 9 pm and make sure you don't wake up again until morning (Living with a roommate who doesn't care how much noise he makes when he comes home at night doesn't help this)
- Smoke some weeeeed man... But honestly, a good bowl gets me relaxed and I watch A Hard Day's Night or Help! to fall asleep (Very relaxing movies)
- When my new semester at Uni started I was sick and took nighttime drowsy cold medicine for a good week or two and since then my body's been pretty chill on the whole getting somewhat decent sleep
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Usually I fall asleep at 10 and wake up at 6, but lately I've been waking up at 2 in the morning.
Tomorrow night I'm going to be blazed as **** so I should fall asleep quickly and stay asleep.

^^ watch Yellow Submarine when you're on weed. It's the trippiest of all the beatles movies.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Last edited by Metallicuh at Feb 9, 2012,
I go to sleep anywhere from 12am-2am most nights and I try to wake up by 10am-11:30am but sometimes I don't need 10 hours.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Page 1 of 2