Are there any differences in quality that anyone is aware of?
The Scarlett is obviously cheaper but I'd spend the extra £40 on the Saffire it can achieve a better sound.
I'm currently using an M Audio Fast Track but I want to add an extra condensor mic to my sm57 when recording for a fuller sound.
You really aren't going to notice much difference between the 2. The only thing you won't have with the Scarlett 2i2 is a Midi In/Out on it (Which, if you really need Midi Support, you can get the M-Audio Uno 1x1 for $40).
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Thanks for that mate, I already have a midi cable thing from when I used to record drums using EZ DXrummer but I don't use it anymore.
Looks like the preamps are the same as the higher spec models and it has USB 2.0 although there seems to be some debate as to exactly how much better it makes it over USB 1.0.
I've actually heard some pretty bad reviews of the Scarletts. When they came out, I was under the impression that they had the same preamps as the Saffires, but it seems like they are quite inferior, based on what I've heard.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I love my Saffire...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Love my Scarlett 2i2. It does indeed share the same preamp as the Saffire 6. It also has USB 2.0 instead of 1.1 as the 6 does.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Well I nipped in to a local music shop to get a Korg Monotron, I noticed on their website they had an ex demo Sapphire 2i2 for £107.
I asked about it but they couldn't find it on the system, they offered me a brand new one for the same price. Now THAT is customer service
Had a quick try with it yesterday, easy to set up and a really nice sound coming from it.
Quote by Beezerk
Well I nipped in to a local music shop to get a Korg Monotron, I noticed on their website they had an ex demo Sapphire 2i2 for £107.
I asked about it but they couldn't find it on the system, they offered me a brand new one for the same price. Now THAT is customer service
Had a quick try with it yesterday, easy to set up and a really nice sound coming from it.

Sweet deal! Hope you enjoy yours.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Yeah cheers mate, I recorded some guitars with a friend yesterday, got a great sound on laptop using an SM57 and small condensor placed about 1 or 2 feet away.
The phantom power is very handy as well.