Hi all,

I'm looking for some nice fingerpicking songs for solo guitar. I want to improve on my percussive fingerpicking, so songs that include that are a great plus.

Thanks!
have a listen to Ben Howard, a coulple of Frank Turner songs (like nights become days and to take you home) and Ben Marwood. All great artists and all I can think of just now, you can check out my tabs for their songs if you want
What are some fingerpicked songs related to classical gas by mason williams; no lyrics, i just want to let my guitar do the singing
dust in the wind-kansas
stairway to heaven-led zepplin
and also, any song can be finger-picked, I play crazy train with finger-picking
I happen to like "Travis Picking" style: see Merle Travis

I would rec you find some songs you like by Merle, Doc Watson, and Lightnin' Hopkins.

Or just about anything by Townes Van Zandt in his earlier days (Flyin' Shoes, If I Needed You, Pancho & Lefty, To Live is To Fly, etc.) Townes was hugely influenced and instructed by Lightnin' Hopkins. Good tabs/chords for Townes available at http://uspest.org/coopl/tvztabs.html If you don't know Townes, learn him.

Also try learning Treetop Flyer by Stephen Stills. Good intro (pretty easy) to Travis style.
Quote by dperc
What are some fingerpicked songs related to classical gas by mason williams; no lyrics, i just want to let my guitar do the singing

That's the type of songs I'm looking for too. That said, several of the songs posted sound really good on solo guitar too, regardless of the fact that you're leaving out the vocals. Please more, I'll sticky this for future reference too!
Quote by NickCags
You could try some Andy McKee stuff if you were up to it lol.

If he was at that level I seriously doubt he would be posting that question.

Also, mess with various chords and finger patterns. I also tune to Pandora Radio and added Andy McKee as the station, and learned of so many other awesome players and songs that are out there.

Also, you can stick to the basics like Dust in the Wind.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Check out 'Memory' by Kina Grannis, it's pretty easy and sounds great. Love her stuff.