i have a marshall mg 15fx nd im mostly into rock stuff lyk iron maiden metallica guns n roses nd im thinking of buying the boss mt2. can ny1 tell me weather the boss mt2 is good for soloing i.e seek and destroy solo etc.
well, I had a bigger mg back when I first started, and I can say that it usually sounded nasty with "metal" pedals. The mt2 isn't the greatest pedal ever, but a lot of people really like it for old metallica. My friend used it forever with a crate excalibur, got a very nice cannibal corpse tone. I owned the metalcore, so I can't say with complete certainty that the metalzone will sound bad, but I think the MG has enough gain to get seek and destroy levels of distortion, so I wouldn't bother. You need less distortion than you think
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Please dear god take an extra thirty seconds and type like a reasonably intelligent person.

The MT2 isn't very good but then again neither is the MG. If you're not going to buy a new amp you can at least make more noise with more gain by buying the metal zone.
Quote by Roc8995
Please dear god take an extra thirty seconds and type like a reasonably intelligent person.

lol this. it'll sound a little better, not as in "wow thats awesome" but more like "one broken foot is a little better than 2.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
so if not the metal zone then what would u people recommend? a multi effects processor like the behringer v amp3? of the boss ds3? nd the mg dxnt provide enough gain for seek and destroy especially the palm mute parts.
Sell the amp and start saving up for a nicer one. You can't polish a turd, especially when the polish is an MT2 and the turd is an MG.