So I am trying to downsize my amp. Until I bought what I have now I have always used combos, that is just what I am used to and to me its more convenient. Also my my band is on the hunt for a new practice spot, so I may need to store my amp at my house for a while and I have no where to store a half stack. So anyway I am trying to sell the halfstack or trade for a 2x12 combo. Someone recently offered me a Mesa 5:50 Express 2x12 for my Laney Vh100R. Do you think this is a good trade. I don't have any experience with that amp or most Mesa's really. I play hard rock but I use od and distortion pedals for my distortion sounds so all I really need is an amp with a great clean channel that takes pedals well.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
I have no idea how the Mesa will sound compared to your Laney but a quick comparison on Google shows they're roughly equal in price.
I'm not a Mesa fanatic, but I would take that trade in a heartbeat. I've played both amps before, and IMO the Mesa sounds SO much more detailed and has a much greater tonal variety than the Laney.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.