I am going to buy a new amp for my Epiphone SG but I dont know which to buy.
I have a choice to buy :
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/hughes_and_kettner/warp_7_112/index.html
which is the same as this
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/hughes_and_kettner/warp_7_212/index.html
or i can go for a used
LANEY pro session 75 reverb
which looks like this:

I listen to:
System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, Sepultura, Korn, Rammstein, Slipknot, Disturbed, Serj Tankian, Body Count, The Offspring, Tenacious D, Iron Maiden, Guns N' Roses, Hollywood Undead, Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Nickelback, Green Day, Ozzy Osbourne, Beastie Boys, Pacewon & Mr. Green, Van Halen, Papa Roach, Scorpions, My Chemical Romance, Limp Bizkit, Horrorshow, Five Finger Death Punch, Pantera, Evanescence, Velvet Revolver, Muse, Wilki, Bullet For My Valentine, Dope, Dr. Dre, Simon & Garfunkel, Scars on Broadway, Seether, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ice Cube, Cypress Hill, lostprophets, Billy Talent, Drowning Pool, Powerman 5000, Pendulum, Eazy-E, Fort Minor.

Which would be better for me?
I wouldn't get that Laney to be honest, looks more like a bass amp. It would help alot if you gave us a budget so we could help suggest different and better amps however i'd recommend the Peavey 6505 plus 112 or a Bugera 66260/6262 or a Jet City JCA20h.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Save some more, get a used XXX or a new 333XL.

Use amp distortion.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by kameleus
I dont like the amps distortion I already said i rather use a guitar pedal for that. It is my opinion and I will not change it. But thanks for a reply.

The MG's distotion is rubbish, and I both agree with you on that point and understand why. But from a real amp (not some flimsy toy with Marshall written on it) the amp distortion is generally much better sounding than most pedals.

Another point is that as far as I know, the MG doesn't take pedals well.

Are you going to gig/play in a band with your amp?

Edit: I mixed two threads together

Now, solid state distortion is also not the nicest in the world, and you would be doing yourself a great favour by saving £100 more and get a proper valve amp.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Last edited by AtaBorMan at Feb 10, 2012,
Would be best to fill out the info in the sticky. Or you can keep being a smartass and go try the amps that you want and go buy what you want. We dont care, just trying to help.

EDIT: 6505
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Last edited by 812many at Feb 10, 2012,
Quote by kameleus
I can spend around 150 - 200 pounds. I dont care whether it is used or new. All i want is a amp that is loud and has good clean sound, as I dont use amp effects because pedals are better. IMO.

You'd be better saving more to be honest but the only amp you can get is a used Peavey valveking 112 and a overdrive pedal to boost it.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quite a few of the bands you listed use amp distortion. If you want to get their tones, you will need to ALSO use amp distortion. If you don't want to get their tones, then it was a waste of time to put them up there. Also, with a budget like that, and that many sounds, you will probably need a modeler, such as a peavey vypyr. Of course, if you aren't actually concerned with getting similar tones to those you listed, that's fine, just inform us and we will adjust. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help make the best decision. Oh, and for a truly good pedal distortion, you are looking at spending your entire amp budget, bare minimum half of it.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by kameleus
I dont like the amps distortion I already said i rather use a guitar pedal for that. It is my opinion and I will not change it. But thanks for a reply.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion...but this is an uninformed opinion and therefore I'd suggest you listen to the sensible advice on offer here.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/vox_vt40.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_vypyr_30.htm

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/peavey-special-120-watt-guitar-amp/95306516

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/crate-vtx-120watt-guitar-amp/95613295
Quote by kameleus

I am someone who prefers the use distortion and overdrive pedals also, but to a pedal that sounds as good as an amps distortion you will almost have to spend what you are willing to spend on an amp. Great distortion pedals arent cheap, and the rest usually sound like a can of bees.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by AtaBorMan
Save some more, get a used XXX or a new 333XL.

Use amp distortion.

This sounds like fine advice. A used Peavey Ultra/XXX/JSX would be my recommendation.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by kyle62
Everyone's entitled to an opinion...but this is an uninformed opinion and therefore I'd suggest you listen to the sensible advice on offer here.

+1

Do you know why there are distortion pedals to begin with? People tried to emulate the sound of an amp being pushed into overdrive at sound volumes that would blow a hole through your stomach.

So why choose a copy over the real thing, I don't understand, unless you like the sound of solid state clipping, which is a whole different matter altogether.

Plus, I quote from the first review:

The clean channel is beautiful, and more than likely you'll have a distortion pedal running through it so it will be like a Mesa.

Nothing sounds like a Mesa/Boogie, other than a Mesa/Boogie. If you're thinking that you can get an el cheapo amp with good cleans and run a pedal in front of it to get the boogie sound, be prepared to waste money and be sorely disappointed.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.