Hi, I really need some help here.
On the back of my speaker cab, the guy installed a jack like:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31t3R0UXB3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
But with only 2 inputs.
Should I get him to replace that for a 1/4 inch jack, or is there any other way I can use it to connect it to my amp head?
Also, I couldn't find any speaker cables here when I asked for "speaker cables" or "unshielded cables with 1/4 inch jacks". Most people told me I could use any normal instrument cable to connect my head to the cab. Anything else I could ask for? Or make my own speaker cable? Ordering from the net would take some time and I have to perform in 2 days.
Thanks.
1) Get a real speaker jack panel installed in your cab. It should have 1/4" jack receptacles.

2) Don't use instrument cable. The wire inside is very thin gauge wire, and will eventually give out. Which will then be the same as having no cab connected to your head. And that is a sure fire way to fry your amp.

Any music shop should have speaker cables.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by tntero
you can just cut a cable that you have and connect the 2 wires it has to the cab, it should work fine

Yeah he could but it wouldn't be very roady proof. I'd be scared of it getting kicked out by a stumbling drug ****ed roady.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by jpatan
1) Get a real speaker jack panel installed in your cab. It should have 1/4" jack receptacles.

2) Don't use instrument cable. The wire inside is very thin gauge wire, and will eventually give out. Which will then be the same as having no cab connected to your head. And that is a sure fire way to fry your amp.

Any music shop should have speaker cables.

+3,1415

It's best to do things properly when it comes to gear.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
How would I go about wiring the 1/4 inch jack to the speaker?
on the panel thats currently in your cab, the wire connected to red should go to the tip and black to the sleeve of the new jack. any mono 1/4 inch jack should work. do NOT use a regular instrument cable, it can damage the amp. get a speaker cable.
Quote by Cathbard
Yeah he could but it wouldn't be very roady proof. I'd be scared of it getting kicked out by a stumbling drug ****ed roady.

I'm not on drugs!

Well.... not many.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.