Hey, I need to find an unloaded, open back 2X12" speaker cabinet for under £250. Anyone help? Ebay is an option.

Funky colours are cool too (dark ones.)

thanks ug

EDIT: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blackstar-HTV-212-2x12-Cabinet-/260936614064?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item3cc108c0b0#ht_2144wt_1037

How solid are these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MONTAGE-212-EMPTY-GUITAR-SPEAKER-CABINET-2-x-12-/400273945021?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item5d322fb1bd#ht_1118wt_1037

This is another option (I know its over £250, but only by a slight amount).
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Last edited by PussyPunk182 at Feb 9, 2012,
Quote by PussyPunk182

The Blackstar isn't empty, it's loaded with Celestion speakers.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
You could just order this: http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm and take out the speakers even though they have the best speakers you can get already in them

or you could try ordering one from here: http://zillacabs.com/index.php

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
there are those roadkill ones which seem to be excellent value, but i haven't tried them yet.

though unloaded for under £250 should even be possible with guys like zilla (haven't tried those either).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Try Zilla, I've heard very good things about them and I'm planning to get a Fatboy myself.
Quote by Linkerman

Yeah but that doesn't mean I can't just take the speakers out

I'll take a proper look at Zilla. Thanks guys

EDIT: I am enjoying the idea of these zilla cabs. If I want it open back, does size even matter? I'm scared that I'd prefer a closed-back.

I like the more "open" sound of an open back, as a closed back cab sounds kind of "squashed" and too uni directional if you know what I mean. However I'm worried that an open back cab will sound kinda weak. I'm running a SF Bassman 50 and I play atmospheric/post-rock styles mainly (chimey clean sounds/huge fuzz sounds). Any advice on this?

Also, has anyone seen what the "wine taurus" tolex looks like in real life?
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Last edited by PussyPunk182 at Feb 10, 2012,
Just found a picture of a fatboy in wine taurus. my god I'm in love.

But I'm scared it will be too big
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
zilla offers a removable back panel for a £10 upcharge. if you're not sure what you want, that might be the way to go.

roadkill does it as a no-cost option (though as i said, i haven't tried them yet and they're pretty new).

both roadkill and zilla offer a variety of sizes of 2x12s, so if the bigger one is too big, then the smaller one might work. best bet is to email them regarding how the size affects the tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by PussyPunk182
Quote by Linkerman

Yeah but that doesn't mean I can't just take the speakers out

For the Blackstar's price, i don't think it's worth buying it just because of the box/frame... It'd be cheaper to just ask a carpenter to build one.
That's why i pointed out that it isn't empty.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
@Dave I'll definitely go with that option. Sounds like a great idea, especially for using it with different heads. £10 is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Thanks!

@Linkerman yeah thats fair enough. I've fallen in love with the zilla now anyway so all aboard.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
no problem
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?