Hi, I was wondering, I´ve been playing the guitar for about 4 years and a bit, and I´m kind of stuck in the sense that I feel like I´m not improving anymore at the moment. I´m a big fan of blues and jazz and wondering if anyone knows any good jazz/blues songs with some nice chords progressions or some nice solos/licks .. or any tips on how I might feel like I´m improving. Thanks in advance.
Billie's Bounce by Charlie Parker

Check out Andreas Öberg and George Bensons versions if you want guitar shizzle.
giant steps

can't get any nicer than that

and really that's a song you want to get familiar with, it's the first song people will pull out of their ass to see what you can do over the changes.
modes are a social construct
Quote by Hail
giant steps

can't get any nicer than that

and really that's a song you want to get familiar with, it's the first song people will pull out of their ass to see what you can do over the changes.

^This.
Also learn "All the Things You Are". It's quite a good one.
Quote by tomlikesmusic
Hi, I was wondering, I´ve been playing the guitar for about 4 years and a bit, and I´m kind of stuck in the sense that I feel like I´m not improving anymore at the moment. I´m a big fan of blues and jazz and wondering if anyone knows any good jazz/blues songs with some nice chords progressions or some nice solos/licks .. or any tips on how I might feel like I´m improving. Thanks in advance.

Transcribe jazz standards. Suggest a Song Thread.

All Of Me
Girl From Ipanema
All The Things You Are
Quote by mdc
Transcribe jazz standards. Suggest a Song Thread.

All Of Me
Girl From Ipanema
All The Things You Are

Nice to see someone suggesting brazilian music

I'd also suggest No More Blues by Jobim... has a nice change from minor to major!
Quote by Xiaoxi
The Byzantine scale was useful until the Ottoman scale came around and totally annihilated it.
Autumn Leaves. Its a jazz standard and its a very common II-V-I jazz structure progression. And SRV's version of Little Wing is pretty good