Hey there. So I'm thinking about buying a tablet (not much of a tech-oriented guy) and was wondering what my restrictions are going to be. Obviously there's no physical labtop which makes things a little different at first but- as far as software, can I run all the same windows programs I use such as Guitar pro, and pro tools?
I'm only gonna tell you once. iPad.
I tried others, believe me....no. Just no.
iPad wins hands down. And with the new 3 coming out...you're in luck my friend.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
There might be some way to use Guitar Pro files with a tablet, but I don't think any tablet will run Pro Tools..
You're not going to be able to run any of the programs you use on Windows. You're going to be using whatever apps are available for that tablet, which range from surprisingly good to really appallingly bad. Apple's probably got the best music apps, but I wouldn't expect any of them to stack up against any proper PC software. There's just nowhere near as much processing power on a tablet, and unfortunately most serious music software requires quite a lot of computing. You're really paying a premium for portability and trading that for power.
i don't really get the tablet craze. I don't hate them but they seem really useless and expensive to me. They only run apps and now i see people walking around talking into them or taking pictures with them and they look like idiots. I just don't see the benefit for the price.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
The iPad is just laughable if you're using it as a laptop substitute.

Enjoy the YouTube equivalent of Chinese Google.

The various Droid tabs are more reasonably priced and have (imo) a much better OS, especially now that ice cream sandwich is available.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by robshredsky
Hey there. So I'm thinking about buying a tablet (not much of a tech-oriented guy) and was wondering what my restrictions are going to be. Obviously there's no physical labtop which makes things a little different at first but- as far as software, can I run all the same windows programs I use such as Guitar pro, and pro tools?

A tablet isn't a laptop substitute, not even close.

For what you want to do, buy a laptop.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Galaxy II.

Buy it. Root it. Overclock it. Enjoy it.

iPads are for hipsters and people who suck.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Wait until Windows 8 comes out. It'll run on desktop, laptop, phones and tablets.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
Quote by surjer
Funny quote of the day.

The day Microsoft makes something that doesnt suck will be the day they start making vacuum cleaners!

--

--
Windows 8... because the first 7 worked so well!

I have a imac, an iPhone, a windows PC, and 2 windows laptops (win 7, win 7, and XP) in my house. The apple machines have consistently performed better for me (no crashes, no blue screens, no need to reinstall the OS, no registry problems) . I guess I'm a hipster because I prefer my electronics to work as advertised

I still use windows daily at work and at home, but I've had much better results with apple products. If more software was available on the mac I'd probably ditch my windows machines and never look back.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by surjer

The day Microsoft makes something that doesnt suck will be the day they start making vacuum cleaners!

So you are saying that the company that built all that you know as the computing world today "sucks"? yeah, and ford never built cars that drive and McDonalds never made hamburgers that were purchased. come on, just because some other company is more "hip" by the uber hipster crowd doesn't negate all that came before it.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
So you are saying that the company that built all that you know as the computing world today "sucks"? yeah, and ford never built cars that drive and McDonalds never made hamburgers that were purchased. come on, just because some other company is more "hip" by the uber hipster crowd doesn't negate all that came before it.

HAHA, Was suppose to be a joke man. I own absolutely NOTHING made my Apple and run strictly all Windows machines. All computers have issues but Microsoft makes for an easy target for jokes like this. Like I said was suppose to be a joke.
Quote by zenbone

I love how something becomes popular based on being a good product, and it's suddenly a "hipster" phenomenon. Calling people "hipsters" also seems pretty hip these days.

Apple has stayed one step ahead of their competition for several years now. Nearly every handheld device released since the iPhone has been a response to an apple product. It's not because hipsters are ruling the world, it's because more people like those products, and buy them. Free market is a bitch like that.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
Windows 8... because the first 7 worked so well!

I have a imac, an iPhone, a windows PC, and 2 windows laptops (win 7, win 7, and XP) in my house. The apple machines have consistently performed better for me (no crashes, no blue screens, no need to reinstall the OS, no registry problems) . I guess I'm a hipster because I prefer my electronics to work as advertised

I still use windows daily at work and at home, but I've had much better results with apple products. If more software was available on the mac I'd probably ditch my windows machines and never look back.

Some people just have shitty luck with windows. I have a couple friends who've never had luck with Apple. . I jusr prefer windows because there's pretty much no limit to what you can do with it (if you know how to work with linux/ubuntu/etc of course )
--

--