I like almost all kinds of music and I have a really random taste.
My top favorite bands are:

1. MetallicA - I started listening to them when I was 4, nostalgia and I love their music!
2. Faith No More - Probably because the epic and atmospheric music they make and of course Mike Pattons amazing vocals!
3. Clutch - I love them. Heavy. Great riffs. Unique style. And sadly, pretty underrated.
4. Nirvana - I love the lyrics because almost every song has a good meaning and I also like their music in general.
5. KoRn - I guess they deserve a place here since they're one of the bands I've listened to most and so on. Great band and great music!

I'm not the type of ranking bands or anything else but I guess this seems pretty good described. Note that I like ALOT of more bands/artists and so on. Making these lists are hard and it can change to during different times in life.

Hope I have some bands in common with you guys!
McFly
GG Allin
Venga Boys
Shania Twain
Behemoth
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I see some great ones here, In no particular order:
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Protest the Hero
Dream Theater
Gojira
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
1. Red Hot Chili Peppers
2. John Frusciante
3. Nirvana
4. Foo Fighters
5. The White Stripes(Probably gonna like Jack's solo career better)

This has changed so much since I was 5 or so. I was all about The Beatles, Zeppelin, and Sabbath back then. Still am, just my taste has changed a bit. Hardly listen to them anymore which is okay. I guess when I'm old and useless to the world I'll have more time to listen to the bands I used to listen to.
"For me it's important to be in balance. To not let fear get in the way of things, to not worry so much about protecting yourself all the time."

"Muskrats live in my wah wah pedal."

-John Frusciante-
Nice bands guys! I have a rock magazine and I read some stuffs about King Crimson, that I'm listening to... RIGHT NOW
I so feel like I don't belong here. In no particular order:

Sparklehorse
Jeff Buckley
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Bright Eyes
Thievery Corporation
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
Quote by MeGusta
I like almost all kinds of music and I have a really random taste.
My top favorite bands are:

1. MetallicA - I started listening to them when I was 4, nostalgia and I love their music!
2. Faith No More - Probably because the epic and atmospheric music they make and of course Mike Pattons amazing vocals!
3. Clutch - I love them. Heavy. Great riffs. Unique style. And sadly, pretty underrated.
4. Nirvana - I love the lyrics because almost every song has a good meaning and I also like their music in general.
5. KoRn - I guess they deserve a place here since they're one of the bands I've listened to most and so on. Great band and great music!

I would argue that there are quite a few connections between these bands and that your taste is far from random.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I was all about The Beatles, Zeppelin, and Sabbath back then. Still am, just my taste has changed a bit. (Invalid img)
1. Widowspeak
2. The Breeders
3. The Amps
4. Land of Talk
5. Veronica Falls

That's pretty much it lately.
1 pink floyd
2 led zeppelin
3 jimi hendrix experience
4 stevie ray vaughan and double trouble
5 System of a down
Top of my head and in NO order... (probbaly forgetting someone badass )

1: Green Day (nostalgia)
2: The Beatles
3: Red Hot Chili Peppers
4: John Frusciante
5: The Living End
1. Lamb Of God
2. Slayer
3. Rush
4. Dillinger Escape Plan
5. Meshuggah
RANDY BLYTHE FOR PRESIDENT!! \m/
Frank Turner
Spraynard
Iron Chic
Weezer (Blue through Maladroit anyway)
Flogging Molly

That's a solid list right now. It changes pretty frequently.
What I have learned from this is that Local H is someone's favourite band.

They're one of those bands, like the Decemberists, or... I dunno, that while I know many people who enjoy them, I never thought of them as "favourite band" material.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by lookpizza
You all have terrible taste in music. Seriously.. really bad.

Hipster prick...

People's favourite bands are usually band's that got us into music, and so quite often they don't have tons of indie/artistic cred (I'm looking at the Metallica's, Slayer's and Green Day's) however who cares? that isn't to say we don't all search for our own music it's just that when we are asked "what's your favourite artist" we all automatically jump to the bands that made an impression on us. In my case, Green Day, the band that made me pick up a guitar...
Quote by Ironpriest
Hipster prick...

People's favourite bands are usually band's that got us into music, and so quite often they don't have tons of indie/artistic cred (I'm looking at the Metallica's, Slayer's and Green Day's) however who cares? that isn't to say we don't all search for our own music it's just that when we are asked "what's your favourite artist" we all automatically jump to the bands that made an impression on us. In my case, Greenc Day, the band that made me pick up a guitar...

It's just the fact Greenday... one of the most unimpressive bands to have ever exists empresses you totally bums me out bro. There is so much better music in the world, No one who likes Greenday really likes music..
I'm an asshole.
1. Dream theater
2. Megadeth
3. Symphony x
4. Annihilator
5. Seventh wonder
1. August Burns Red
2. Muse
3. Tool
4. Metallica
5. Led Zeppelin
6. Pink Floyd
7. Nirvana

Yes I went to seven, Nirvana and Metallica deserve props for being the first bands I ever really listened to.