Hello people. I've been trying to figure out what amp Nocturno Culto of Darkthrone uses in the newest recordings. I just love the tone, very raw, it seems to fit well for black, doom, thrash, speed, heavy, punk... basically all those genres that are present in their newest songs. They are quite 'secretive' about their equipment (usually just say they use whatever they have around). In this video you can see that a small Mesa/Boogie combo is plugged in and mic'ed (look at 3:30), so that must be the amp he is using. But I can't recognize what model it is. Seems similar to a Subway, but it's different. Can anyone help me identify it please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TElVwRtkpnU
Could it be a bass combo? Seems awfully sparse for a guitar amp.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
It's probably not the Mesa that he's using (like Pyrax said, that's probably a bass amp), more likely it's the Marshall head and cabinet.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I tried looking it up and came up dry, but it looks like it could be a low wattage tube combo amp. Some examples of older amps seem to look like that one in the video, with just 4 knobs. Thats the best I could come up with.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
I looked through a lot of M/B's images and could not find it too.
Yeah, there is a Marshall JMP there but could that sound be coming from it? Doesn't sound very JMPish to me. On the first part (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRTkOeTMIRg) at 2:48 you can see that while he is playing there's no cable plugged on the JMP (or at least I can't see one)... maybe there's another hidden amp there.

Anyway, is there an amp or pedal that can get a similar tone?
I've heard alot of the old school black metal bands use peavey bandits. Randall warhead would probably be great for that style too.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Wow, that must be a rare amp. Upon searching it seems to be similar to a Mark III, originally meant to be used as an extension amp for a stereo rig. Nocturno probably has some sort of pedal in front of it, I assume. Thank you!
I don't think I've ever seen one before. It seems pretty basic:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley